Landlord and Tenant Attorneys Serving Maryland, Virginia and DC
Over the past ten years, our team has represented commercial and residential landlords, property management companies and tenants in more than 1000 matters. We have amassed an impressive record of successful outcomes for the full range of landlord tenant disputes. Our track record includes successful outcomes for our clients in real property disputes, contract law, premises liability, fair housing and bankruptcy law. Our capabilities in commercial leasing, civil litigation, bankruptcy and real estate law help us guide clients to draft policies and lease provisions designed to avoid litigation or to quickly and cost effectively prevail if matters come under dispute.
We routinely appear in state and federal courts throughout Maryland, the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia, litigating matters including complex lease interpretation and property defect issues and handling simple actions for possession.
Our rental property owner clients in Washington, D.C., Montgomery County, Maryland and other highly regulated jurisdictions rely on our team to guide them through the complicated regulatory and administrative processes that govern residential real estate rentals, ensuring they understand the penalties and pitfalls of non-compliance.
Our guiding principles are to always remain mindful of our clients’ bottom line and to focus on helping clients improve or maintain their expected return on investment. We regularly work with clients who want fixed fee and managed fee-based services.
Our clients return to our team for their landlord-tenant needs because they find we are a tremendous value—offering highly skilled attorneys with the experience to cost-effectively achieve successful results across the full range of their legal needs.
- Lease interpretation disputes
- Property defect litigation
- Broker commission disputes
- Premises liability
- Fair Housing Act and ADA Claims
- Commercial and residential eviction suits
- Defended tenant in property contamination suit involving land used as a garage and refueling depot.
- Represent nationally known commercial landlords to pursue tenants for breach of lease claims and to defend against property defect and premises liability claims.
- Defended multi-family landlord and property management company against ADA and Fair Housing Claims.