Our team represents commercial and residential landlords, property management companies and commercial tenants in the full range of landlord-tenant disputes. While filing over 1000 cases a month, we have amassed an impressive record of successful outcomes for our clients in matters related to real property disputes, contract law, premises liability, fair housing and bankruptcy law. Our capabilities in leasing, civil litigation, bankruptcy and real estate law help us guide clients to draft policies and lease provisions designed to avoid litigation or to quickly and cost effectively prevail when disputes arise.
We routinely appear in state and federal courts throughout Maryland, the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia, litigating matters including complex lease interpretation and property defect issues and handling simple actions for possession.
Our rental property owner clients in Washington, D.C., Montgomery County, Maryland and other highly regulated jurisdictions rely on our team to guide them through the complicated regulatory and administrative processes that govern residential real estate rentals, ensuring they understand the penalties and pitfalls of non-compliance.
Our guiding principles are to always remain mindful of our clients’ bottom line and to focus on helping clients improve or maintain their expected return on investment. We regularly work with clients who want fixed fee and managed fee-based services.
In addition to litigation and dispute resolution, we are able to knowledgeably train your team on compliance with fair housing and maintaining properties consistent with regulations for subsidized or low-income units.
Our clients return to our team for their landlord-tenant needs because they find we are a tremendous value—offering highly skilled attorneys with the experience to cost effectively achieve successful results across the full range of their legal needs.
- Lease interpretation disputes
- Property defect litigation
- Premises liability
- Fair Housing Act and ADA Claims
- Fair Housing in advertising
- Commercial and residential eviction suits
- NAA Click & Lease and Blue Moon Lease assistance (or review of other leases, applications, or additional documents for required items and compliance with law)
- Alerts on updates and changes to laws or relevant procedure
- Well-developed software which allows clients to track progress of eviction actions in real time
- Negotiation of settlements and Release agreements
- Consultations on reducing or maintaining low delinquencies
- Assistance with licensing and regulatory compliance