Commercial Leasing Attorneys Serving Maryland and Virginia
Shulman Rogers represents landlords, tenants, investors, subtenants, management companies and real estate brokers in all aspects of leasing, including structuring the transaction, lease negotiations, build-out, and occupancy. Our attorneys provide leasing services for numerous office, retail and warehouse properties.
We pride ourselves on our pragmatic approach to leasing and our ability to negotiate and document lease transactions in an economical fashion. We take a full-service approach, drawing upon attorneys in other Shulman Rogers practice areas, such as zoning and land use, tax, construction, bankruptcy, and litigation so that we can advise our clients on the variety of legal issues that arise in leasing transactions.
Our attorneys can also help clients whose primary business is not real estate by explaining in plain English the fundamental provisions of the lease and focusing on the financial and economic terms. Shulman Rogers works closely with our clients to understand their day-to-day operations so that we may proactively represent their best interests.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in negotiating and drafting sophisticated lease transactions including:
- Office (including headquarters leases)
- Bank branches
- Grocery stores
- Child care facilities
- Medical office
- Ground leases
- Industrial and warehouse
- Sale leaseback
- Telecommunications, cable and wiring, satellite dish and related services
We also handle other ancillary documents:
- Renewal, expansion and contraction amendments
- Subleases and assignments
- Termination agreements
- Construction, construction management and architect agreements related to tenant improvements
- Reciprocal easement and declaration of covenants agreements
- License agreements
- Management agreements
- Commission agreements
- Non-Disturbance agreements
- Estoppel Certificates
- Letters of intent
- Lender waivers and consents
- Representing a national law firm in connection with a new lease for 69,000 square feet of space in Washington, D.C.
- Representing a landlord in leasing two buildings to a publicly traded company for use as a human genetics research facility.
- Representing a property owner in negotiating a long-term ground lease with a recognized local developer.
- Representing a franchisee of a national restaurant chain in leasing numerous restaurant locations.
- Representing an owner of a multi-building medical complex in leasing medical offices in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Representing an owner of newly constructed mixed use buildings in Tysons, Virginia.