Paul O’Reilly has been a trusted advisor to his clients for more than 30 years. He represents small startup companies as well as large publicly traded companies, bringing to the table a wealth of business and practical experience to many facets of the law. Paul’s business clients frequently call upon him to handle their personal and financial matters, confident that he will provide solid counsel and assistance throughout any legal or financial issue they have. Recognizing that cost is always a factor in making legal decisions, Paul encourages his clients to engage in a collaborative working relationship, which helps him better understand their process and goals, while also minimizing the costs.
From business formations, mergers, acquisitions, finance, commercial real estate matters, contracts, estate planning or the day-to-day operations of a business, Paul treats each client with the same thoughtfulness and pragmatism. His background and experience in both litigation and transactional law allows him to be equally comfortable in the boardroom or the courtroom. It is Paul’s perspective of what could potentially happen in litigation that shapes his strategies to help clients avoid costly mistakes in their business transactions.
Recently, Paul has been utilizing his significant experience in SBA lending to help clients navigate their way through the coronavirus pandemic and its negative financial effects on their businesses. He has been a featured panelist on several webinars focused on crisis mitigation through use of SBA loan opportunities and the Paycheck Protection Program. One recent client said,
“Paul has been a tremendous resource for my company during the PPP application planning/execution efforts. He is our go to legal resource for PPP guideline interpretation.”
Paul’s clients are located in the Metro Washington area, as well as throughout the United States. Many of Paul’s clients seek his advice and counsel in international matters, and he has negotiated transactions in Australia, Korea, China, India, the Middle East, Liberia, Benin and throughout Europe. He guides his clients’ transactions and oversees local counsel to ensure matters are handled in the most cost-effective and thorough manner.
- Represented borrower/buyer in a buyout of $19 million multi-family housing complex in Kentucky
- Represented buyer in acquisition of $10.5 million shopping center in Salisbury, Maryland
- Advised start-up with online gaming platform in Nevada
- Negotiated financing for assisted living complex in White Plains, Maryland
- Negotiated copper futures contract between African and Chinese companies
- Represented seller in sale of multiple single-use retail properties
- Represented buyer in acquisition of aviation division of a defense contractor
- Represented buyer in acquisition of large self-storage facility in Memphis, Tennessee
- Structured estate plan for client with multi-national holdings
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- April 30 – Payroll Network Webinar: Small Business Administration Loan Opportunities
- April 3, 2020 – Payroll Network Webinar: Small Business Administration Loan Opportunities and Paycheck Protection Program