Paul O’Reilly has been a trusted advisor to his clients for nearly 30 years. He represents small start-up companies as well as large publicly traded companies, bringing to the table a wealth of business and practical experience to many facets of the law. Paul’s business clients frequently call upon him to handle their personal and financial matters, confident that he will provide solid counsel and assistance throughout any legal or financial issue they have. Recognizing that cost is always a factor in making legal decisions, Paul encourages his clients to engage in a collaborative working relationship, which helps him better understand their process and goals, while also minimizing the costs.
From business formations, mergers, acquisitions, finance, commercial real estate matters, contracts, estate planning or the day-to-day operations of a business, Paul treats each client with the same thoughtfulness and pragmatism. His background and experience in both litigation and transactional law allows him to be equally comfortable in the boardroom or the courtroom. It is Paul’s perspective of what could potentially happen in litigation that shapes his strategies to help clients avoid costly mistakes in their business transactions.
Paul’s clients are located in the Metro Washington area, as well as throughout the United States. Many of Paul’s clients seek his advice and counsel in international matters, and he has negotiated transactions in Australia, Korea, China, India, the Middle East, Liberia, Benin and throughout Europe. He guides his clients’ transactions and oversees local counsel to ensure matters are handled in the most cost-effective and thorough manner.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- The Arc Montgomery County, General Counsel
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Represented borrower/buyer in a buyout of $19 million multi-family housing complex in Kentucky
- Represented buyer in acquisition of $10.5 million shopping center in Salisbury, Maryland
- Advised start-up with online gaming platform in Nevada
- Negotiated financing for assisted living complex in White Plains, Maryland
- Negotiated copper futures contract between African and Chinese companies
- Represented seller in sale of multiple single-use retail properties
- Represented buyer in acquisition of aviation division of a defense contractor
- Represented buyer in acquisition of large self-storage facility in Memphis, Tennessee
- Structured estate plan for client with multi-national holdings