Todd is well-known for his client focus, detailed knowledge of the people and processes affecting land use and delivery of successful results in a timely, predictable manner. Todd’s clients include commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate developers, private schools and other not-for-profit organizations, and individual and business clients seeking to preserve and enhance the value of real estate assets.
Todd regularly guides individuals, local, regional and national clients and their technical consultants through complex legislative, master plan, zoning, subdivision, site plan, forest conservation, historic preservation and permitting processes. He also helps clients before Boards of Appeals and has a noteworthy record of success in gaining special exception (conditional use) approvals.
With more than three decades of experience, Todd graduated from the University of Maryland School of Law with honor, has received Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent rating (highest level of professional excellence and ethical standards) and is recognized as a Top Rated Lawyer in Land Use and Zoning. He has held leadership positions in local Chambers of Commerce, Urban Advisory Boards and industry groups.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Maryland State Bar Association, 1989-Present
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Greater Bethesda-Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Board of Directors; Past Vice President for Economic Development and Government Relations; Past Chair, Land Planning Committee; Past Chair, Policy and Planning Committee; Past Chair, Parking and Transportation Committee; Past Member, Bethesda Transportation Management District Advisory Board
- Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Board of Directors; Past Co-Chair, Government Relations Committee
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Silver Spring Urban District Advisory Committee
- Maryland-National Capital Building Industry Association, Legislative Liaison Committee, Development Review Process Subcommittee, M-NCPPC Ad Hoc Committee