Todd is recognized by clients, the judiciary, elected officials, regulatory staff, and his peers for his high ethical standards, his detailed knowledge of land use regulations, and for delivery of successful results in a timely, predictable manner. His clients include commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate developers and builders, private schools and other not-for-profit organizations, and individual and business clients seeking to preserve and enhance the value of real estate assets.
Valued for his outstanding work ethic, client focus and responsiveness, and for the pragmatism and self-confidence that comes with thirty years of experience, Todd regularly guides individuals, local, regional and national clients and their teams of consultants through complex legislative, master plan, zoning, subdivision, site plan, forest conservation, historic preservation, and permitting processes. Todd works predominantly in Montgomery and Howard Counties and has performed due diligence investigations for clients and their lenders in Montgomery, Howard, Prince George’s and Charles Counties and in Washington, D.C.
“We have worked with Todd for more than 30 years. He has handled zoning matters with our new pool, childcare center and building renovations and has provided sage advice on our day-to-day operations. We are so fortunate to have Todd in our corner – he understands the YMCA and the needs of our community.”
– Carla Larrick, YMCA Metro Washington
Todd graduated from the University of Maryland School of Law with honors, has received Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent rating (highest level of professional excellence and ethical standards) and is recognized as a Top Rated Lawyer in Land Use and Zoning. He has held leadership positions in local Chambers of Commerce, Urban Advisory Boards and industry groups.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member, 1989-Present
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Greater Bethesda-Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Board of Directors; Past Vice President for Economic Development and Government Relations; Past Chair, Land Planning Committee; Past Chair, Policy and Planning Committee; Past Chair, Parking and Transportation Committee; Past Member, Bethesda Transportation Management District Advisory Board
- Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce, Past Member, Board of Directors; Past Co-Chair, Government Relations Committee
- Silver Spring Urban District Advisory Committee
- Maryland-National Capital Building Industry Association, Legislative Liaison Committee, Development Review Process Subcommittee, M-NCPPC Ad Hoc Committee