We understand that military service brings its unique set of challenges, and we are here to provide you with guidance and support through the legal aspects of your family life. Our experienced team is committed to helping military families navigate complex family law matters with compassion and expertise.
- Divorce and Separation: Military families often face the additional complexities of divorce and separation due to the demands of military service. We are well-versed in the unique aspects of military divorces, including the division of military pensions, deployment considerations and child custody arrangements. Our goal is to guide you through this process efficiently, ensuring your rights and interests are protected.
- Child Custody and Visitation: Deployments and frequent relocations can make child custody and visitation issues particularly challenging for military families. We understand the importance of maintaining strong relationships between parents and children, even when separated by military service obligations. Our team will work closely with you to create a custody and visitation plan that takes into account your unique circumstances and supports the best interests of your children.
- Military Pensions and Benefits: One significant concern for military families going through a divorce is the division of military pensions and benefits. Our knowledgeable attorneys are well-versed in the intricacies of military pensions and will help ensure a fair distribution of benefits in accordance with the applicable laws. We will assist you in understanding your rights and options so you can make informed decisions regarding your financial future.
- Domestic Violence and Protective Orders: Unfortunately, domestic violence can affect military families like any other family. Our team can help you obtain protective orders and navigate the legal process to ensure the safety and well-being of you and your loved ones. Likewise, our attorneys understand how a protective order can impact service members’ ability to fulfill their military duties. Specifically, protective order can impact one’s ability to carry firearms and can also impact security clearances. It is important to find a knowledgeable attorney that understands the impact state court proceedings can have on military careers.
- Adoption and Surrogacy: Military families may face unique challenges when pursuing adoption or surrogacy. We have experience working with military families in these matters and can guide you through the legal requirements, ensuring a smooth and successful process.