When asked about Paul Schwinn, clients most often comment on his responsiveness and his willingness to roll up his sleeves to get the job done right and efficiently. By providing a business-minded approach to legal issues and opportunities, clients view Paul as an all-around business and legal advisor.
In the Montgomery County community, Paul volunteers his time as a mentor for various entrepreneurs of both emerging growth and non-profit entities. He serves as a speaker on business considerations, including the issues and process of organizing/incorporating an entity. Paul has advised and coached dozens of entrepreneurs through area organizations, including the DC Chapter of the Founder Institute. He has also regularly serves on the Duck Pond – a “Shark Tank” for existing and prospective non-profit entities, organized by the Nonprofit Village.
His more established oil and gas, government contractor and biotech clients remark on Paul’s seeming 24/7 availability and his ability to work effectively with their business and legal teams – often providing key information and context to bridge gaps and move projects forward. Paul is known as the “numbers guy” in the group – he regularly and effectively counsels clients on a host of topics, including the implications of convertible notes on capital structure, and the viability of a proposed acquisition.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Montgomery County Bar Association Softball League, Commissioner (2017 – present)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Member
- Court of Appeals’ Mentoring Program
- Nonprofit Village, Board of Directors, Finance Committee
- Nonprofit Village’s Duck Pond – A Shark Tank for Nonprofit Organizations, Mentor and Panelist
- Empowered Women International, Volunteer