Prime Contracts, Subcontracts, Performance, Compliance, Bid Protests and Litigation For Maryland, DC and Virginia
Our seasoned professionals handle prime and subcontract negotiations, joint ventures, teaming agreements, recapitalizations, real estate, labor, bid protests, litigation and more for government contractors. We regularly help commercial companies navigate the challenging regulatory waters and expand into the government contracting market.
Our team brings substantial boots-on-the-ground operational experience, current TS/SCI security clearances, and legal know-how to increase contract awards, modify contracts and settle disputes. We routinely help clients respond to RFPs, create work statements, determine to price, establish teaming and joint ventures, negotiate contracts, protest awards, conduct investigations, comply with tax and labor requirements, suspensions and debarments and avoid, or if necessary, conduct litigation.
Our key focus areas include:
- RFPs, proposals and multiple competitive bids for information technology, energy, and homeland security
- Contract negotiations, performance, modification, termination and administration, including large DOD privatizations and DOE management and operating services
- Classified contracts for the DOD, IC, and FBI up to the TS/SCI level
- Whistleblower, fraud and similar investigations and remediation
- Joint ventures, teaming agreements, and other multiple party arrangements
- Intellectual property, trade secret, and data ownership, licensing and usage of an intangible property
- Cyber and physical security requirements under FedRAMP, NIST, NISPOM and other standards
- Bid protests
- State and local requirements
- Mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, risk identification, and valuation
- Education, best practices, compliance policies, training, and audits
- Labor and employment requirements
- Socio-economic requirements
- Suspensions and debarments
- Litigation, claims, and disputes
- Represented Graph Database Developer in the successful bid protest of a sole source award for the provision of large database products and services to a civilian agency.
- Represented smartphone manufacturer in the successful protest of a DHS sole source purchase of smartphones. Obtained the inclusion of the client manufacture back into competitive consideration.
Classified and General
- Represented large Government Contractor in the negotiation of multiple datacenter construction and operations for classified datacenter services to intelligence community agencies.
- Represented classified government contractor in the successful intervention in opposition to a protest of a TS/SCI data exploitation contract and prevented additional awardees, reconsideration, and any other corrective action.
- Represented benefits provider in the unwinding of a business purchase due to a denial of the novation request, including transferring employees, intellectual property, assigned contracts, ongoing business and capital assets.
- Represented classified government contractor in the assessments, valuations, diligence, subcontractor disputes, alliance formation and development of market strategies for the provision of operational support and training services.
- Represented multiple national and regional electricity services providers in the negotiation for the generation, transmission, distribution and sale of geothermal, bio steam, solar and wind energy to the U.S. Government under Marine Corp energy savings performance contracts (ESPC), Army multiple award task order contracts (MATOC), Navy power purchase agreements (PPA) and GSA area-wide contracts.
- Represented energy grid operator in the counseling of energy resiliency, microgrids, security enclaves and proximity-based threat prioritization.
- Represented nuclear, geothermal, biothermal and offshore wind companies in the contracting with the DOE’s national labs to conduct research and development under agreements for commercializing technology (ACT), cooperative research and development agreements (CRADA), works for others (WFO) agreements and assistance agreements (AA).
- Represented electricity and gas utility in the negotiation of a 50-year electricity and gas utility privatization contracts including creating new provisions with DLA governing system disposition and clawing back post-termination costs due to a BRAC closure.