Clients hire Kimberly Mann because of her superior analytical and negotiating skills, astute business judgment and her calm, consistent nature. Unflappable and pragmatic, she serves as a trusted confidant and business advisor, and sticks to the task until the deal is done. A shareholder in the firm’s Securities and Fund Formation Practices, Kim advises global clients, especially private funds and private fund investors, on matters of U.S. corporate and securities law.
Most recently the co-leader of Pillsbury’s Investment Funds and Investment Management team in Washington, D.C., Kim represents a wide array of clients in sophisticated regulatory and transactional matters. From fund sponsors, general partners and investment advisers to institutional investors, family offices and high-net-worth individual investors, clients seek Kim’s counsel on issues relating to structuring, drafting and negotiating investment terms, managing advisory relationships and other matters arising during the life cycle of alternative investments.
In addition to private fund formation and investment engagements, Kim’s transactional representations include co-investments, buy-side and sell-side secondary transactions and direct investments. Kim’s regulatory practice includes, among other securities matters, representation of registered and exempt investment advisers.
- Represented an international investment adviser in connection with the formation and maintenance of five funds-of-funds and related investment vehicles with total capital commitments of approximately $5 billion, including drafting and negotiating all fund documents and side letters.
- Represented an international investment adviser in connection with the formation of more than 14 separately managed accounts for public pension plans and other large institutional investors.
- Represent fund of funds in connection with formation of sidecar and special purpose vehicles.
- Represent investment fund manager in connection with various issues arising during the life cycle of its funds and separately managed accounts.
- Represented alternative investment manager in connection with formation of an opportunity zone fund targeting capital commitments between $300 million and $500 million and focusing on venture capital investments in the education technology, technology-enabled food and beverage, life sciences and professional business services industries.
- Represented a CA-based real estate development company focused on commercial real estate in connection with formation of its first institutional real estate private equity fund
- Represented a CA real estate investment company with formation and maintenance of a real estate fund with capital commitments of $500 million
- Represented a San Francisco-based technology company focused on the development of advanced machine learning and autonomous navigation systems in connection with formation of a venture capital fund to make investments for a multi-billion dollar investment fund.
- Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll 2018