Information is the currency of today’s commerce, and businesses face the constant and growing threat of data breaches – intentional as well as inadvertent. Your business faces many challenges in the digital environment:
- Every day, your information systems face down thousands of cyber threats – spam, phishing, malware, hacking, and even brute force attacks.
- Your employees unwittingly open attachments with viruses, Trojan horses and other malicious software.
- Confidential customer information is disclosed through simple oversight or outright theft.
State and federal governments have responded by developing (and continuing to develop) an aggressive regulatory landscape that, as much as a breach itself, can be challenging to navigate.
You need our cyber-savvy lawyers to help you meet those challenges and manage information risk.
The Shulman Rogers Cybersecurity and Data Privacy group offers a privileged relationship through which you can create a program to identify & manage security risks, protect your digital information and networks, and respond to cybersecurity attacks. In short, a practical, comprehensive program that works for your business to pursue the inter-connected goals of prevention, response, and mitigation.
Our Team Can Help You With:
- Developing and implementing a compliance program for critical information and systems
- Counseling on applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Reducing risk by identifying, implementing and maintaining industry-specific practices and procedures
- Drafting and negotiating contracts to reduce risk and protect your interests
- Securing communications networks
- Preparing and implementing an information security incident response plan;
- Working with forensics experts to conduct internal investigations
- Representing you in any governmental investigations into a breach
- Managing the impact of any cybersecurity-related liability or loss
- Defending your business against civil complaints – both before and during litigation
Call or email to find out more about how our cyber-savvy lawyers can help you.
Mark J. Maier
Mark J. Maier
Gregory D. Grant