Anita Finkelstein is a seasoned business attorney with more than three decades of experience in corporate law, including securities, corporate governance, business transactions and commercial contracts. With experience gained in major law firms, in-house and as part of a legal consultancy headed by a former SEC chairman, Anita has represented both issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings under the Securities Act, and advised on disclosure and compliance matters under the Securities Exchange and Sarbanes-Oxley Acts, as well as on compliance with stock exchange rules and the requirements of other regulators, including the PCAOB and FINRA.
Anita has been integral in closing a variety of corporate transactions, ranging from mergers and acquisitions to strategic alliances, asset sales and purchases, and complex commercial transactions, and from straightforward, private acquisitions to sophisticated, multi-step, public transactions. As the general counsel of a public life sciences company and the corporate counsel for an early-stage cybersecurity company, she was responsible for all aspects of the companies’ legal matters, from counseling the boards of directors on governance, compliance and policy issues, to negotiating and drafting commercial contracts and providing cross-functional support to human resources, finance, accounting, compliance and other departments. Anita is certified as a public accountant in the State of Illinois.
Prior to joining Shulman Rogers, Anita was Of Counsel at Potomac Law Group, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary for Celsion Corporation, Managing Director for Kalorama Partners and a partner at Venable LLP. She received her J.D. from Yale Law School and her B.A., summa cum laude, Valedictorian, from Wittenberg University.
- Acted as securities counsel to a major investment bank in the $1.3 billion acquisition of a mortgage originator.
- Acted as target’s counsel in $70 million merger of technology companies.
- Acted as acquirer’s counsel in $21 million merger of climate solutions manufacturers.
- Acted as securities counsel to the Chicago Federal Home Loan Bank in connection with its $1 billion issuance of subordinated notes.
- Acted as issuers’ counsel in real estate investment trust (REIT) initial public and secondary offerings.
General Counsel and Advisory
- Structure and negotiate commercial agreements including nondisclosure, professional services, sales, supply, framework, vendor, consulting, business development, independent contractor, and teaming agreements.
- Develop contract forms and templates for use in ordinary course transactions.
- Provide corporate secretary services, including entity formation, preparation of board meeting materials and minutes, maintenance of minute books and other corporate records, and state qualification and compliance services.
- Provide ongoing advice on securities disclosure and compliance to public companies.
Coordinate outside counsel, auditors, and other outside experts in connection with transactions and regulatory inquiries.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating