Clients consistently praise Keith Marshall for his hard work and dedication to helping them achieve their business objectives. An associate in the Business and Financial Services Department, Keith represents clients in the software, technology, media, and other industries in connection with M&A transactions, joint ventures, private equity investments, financing and other transactional matters.
I couldn’t have been more pleased with the savvy advice and results-driven leadership that Shulman Rogers provided in a critical two-pronged deal for us. Keith brought strong judgment, creativity, and a collaborative approach to spearhead the completion of an industry-changing acquisition. I’d happily refer this team to anyone who asked!
-Sean Cercone, CEO/President, Broadway Licensing
Prior to joining Shulman Rogers, Keith was an associate in the Washington, DC offices of Dow Lohnes PLLC and Cooley LLP. Prior to entering into private practice, he completed a fellowship with AARP’s Legal Counsel for the Elderly, assisting clients with bankruptcy and consumer debt issues, public benefit concerns, deed changes and other legal problems. Keith has also represented clients pro bono before the Social Security Administration in connection with continuing disability determinations and appeals of disability benefit terminations.
- Represented Vigene Biosciences in connection with its acquisition of Omnia Biologics
- Represented Altamira Technologies Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Prime Solutions LLC
- Represented Clearlake Capital Group in connection with its acquisition of a New York-based snack foods business
- Represented Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of R-Tech Ueno and related debt financing
- Represented NEXTracker, Inc. in connection with its sale to Flextronics
- Represented AutoNet Mobile in connection with the sale of certain intellectual property assets to Lear Corporation
- Represented Bronto Software, Inc. in connection with its sale to NetSuite
- Represented talent agency the Wall Group in connection with its sale to WME-IMG
- Represented medical device manufacturer Curative Medical in connection with its sale to ResMed
- Represented startup SocketPlane in connection with its sale to Docker, Inc.
- Represented ValueOptions in connection with its sale to Beacon Health Strategies
- Represented Mt. Sierra College in connection with its sale to Wellsland, LLC
- Represented Clarion Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of SQAD Inc. and Workhorse Software Company and related equity financings
- Represented Minerva Project, Inc. in connection with the formation of a joint venture (Minerva Schools at KGI) with Keck Graduate Institute
- Represented HarborPoint Media in connection with its sale to Halifax Media Group
- Represented Cox Radio in connection with the sale of its Birmingham, Greenville, Honolulu, Louisville, Richmond, and Southern Connecticut market radio stations
- Represented Media General in connection with the sale of a subsidiary company specializing in mobile applications and game development
- Represented Media General in connection with the sale to Berkshire Hathaway of 63 daily and weekly newspapers in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Alabama, together with associated digital assets, including websites, and mobile and tablet applications
- Represented Education Corporation of America (Virginia College) in connection with its acquisition of New England College of Business and Finance
- Represented South College of Tennessee in connection with a minority investment in the institution by Renovus Capital