Clients appreciate the time Felix Kushnir takes to understand their business and financial objectives. With personal experience owning and operating a business, Felix knows how difficult it is to grow a business and still find time to manage its legal and compliance matters. Because of this, he is dedicated to serving clients in the most efficient manner possible.
Felix represents corporate, venture capital and private equity clients in connection with transactional and securities matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, exchange, technology transactions and joint ventures. He also represents clients in venture capital financings, securities offerings, debt financings, recapitalizations and other strategic transactions. Felix serves as outside general counsel to software, technology and emerging growth clients and advises on a wide range of business law issues, including employment agreements, equity compensation, corporate governance, debt financing and commercial contract matters.
His experience advising clients spans a wide range of industries and regulatory environments, including government contracting, homeland security, telecommunications, cybersecurity, healthcare, financial services, consumer and industrial products and energy.
Prior to starting his legal career with large international law firms, he held financial and corporate development positions with Fortune 50 companies in the financial services, energy and telecommunications industries. He also played a role in shaping economic policy at the U.S. Department of State.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- US Navy League – Former Deputy Judge Advocate General
- Represented a Midwest-based private equity firm in fund formation activities and in numerous portfolio company acquisitions, sales and recapitalizations.
- Represented a publicly traded BDC in its private equity acquisitions, sales and recapitalizations.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in the acquisition of a high profile government contractor with field operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Represented the stockholders of a government contractor with a significant presence in the intelligence community in the sale of the company to a private equity firm.
- Represented an international government contractor based in Australia in its acquisition of a government contractor performing work for USAID.
- Represented a Connecticut-based private equity firm, in private equity acquisitions, sales and financings.
- Represented a New Jersey-based middle market-focused private equity firm in numerous sales, acquisitions and restructuring transactions.
- Represented a Los Angeles-based private equity firm in the initial acquisition of a motocross parts and accessories business and in the subsequent roll-up of two additional companies.
- Served as primary outside counsel to a privately held healthcare company in Baltimore, Maryland with over $1 billion in annual revenues. Responsible for corporate governance, commercial licensing, employment and financing matters.
- Represented leading New York-based specialty finance provider in connection with its equity investment in a private company, and the subsequent sale to a publicly traded company.
- Represented a global alternative asset manager in connection with its acquisition of convertible promissory notes of a Canadian-based publicly traded company and in a going-private transaction involving one of the largest food brands in Canada.