Felix Kushnir is a strategic business lawyer and advisor who represents private equity, venture capital and corporate clients in connection with mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, financings, technology transactions and joint ventures, as well as other transactional and securities matters.
In 2019 and 2020, Felix advised clients in 26 M&A transactions representing over $980 million of enterprise value.
Delivering more than just legal advice, Felix regularly provides introductions and guidance on partnerships and day to day business matters. As a result, he builds close relationships with his clients and is deeply involved in their businesses.
In addition to mergers and acquisitions, Felix advises his clients in connection with venture capital financings, securities offerings, debt financings, recapitalizations and other strategic transactions, and he also serves as outside general counsel to industrial, government contracting, technology and emerging growth clients.
One of his clients recently commented on his experience working with Felix,
“Felix’s responsiveness and quick turnaround for our sensitive matter allowed us to accomplish our goals sooner than we expected and with a great result.”
–client name withheld for confidentiality
“We went into a sizeable M&A transaction knowing a whole lotta nothin’. Well, that’s not entirely true – we knew the legal work and negotiations were going to be complicated, labor-intensive, and stressful at times. The deal was all of those, but we realized quickly that we were in good hands with Felix Kushnir, and others on the M&A team at Shulman Rogers. They knew their way around the issues and provided advice that reflected judgment honed over many years of deal-making. We appreciated their responsiveness and collaborative approach. We always felt that we were their most important client, and we highly recommend the Shulman Rogers team to anyone looking for stellar M&A counsel.”
–Stephen Kaye and Adam Deem, Principals
Teak Tree Capital
Felix advises clients across a wide range of industries and regulatory environments, including government contracting, consumer and industrial products, telecommunications, financial services, cybersecurity, healthcare and biotech, and energy.
Co-Chair of the Firm’s Cannabis Industry Group, Felix uses his substantial experience to help dispensary owners, cultivators, processors, investors and product developers in Maryland, Colorado, California and New Jersey with matters including equity financings, transactions and issues relating to corporate governance.
Before joining Shulman Rogers, Felix practiced law for eight years in Washington, DC, first with the international law firm Bingham McCutchen (now Morgan Lewis) and then with the national law firm Dickstein Shapiro (now Blank Rome). Prior to starting his legal career, he held financial and corporate development positions with Fortune 50 companies in the financial services, energy and telecommunications industries. He also played a role in shaping economic policy at the U.S. Department of State.
- Represented a Midwest-based private equity firm in fund formation activities and in numerous portfolio company acquisitions, sales and recapitalizations.
- Represented a publicly traded BDC in its private equity acquisitions, sales and recapitalizations.
- Represented a New York-based private equity firm in the acquisition of a high profile government contractor with field operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Represented the stockholders of a government contractor with a significant presence in the intelligence community in the sale of the company to a private equity firm.
- Represented an international government contractor based in Australia in its acquisition of a government contractor performing work for USAID.
- Represented a Connecticut-based private equity firm, in private equity acquisitions, sales and financings.
- Represented a New Jersey-based middle market-focused private equity firm in numerous sales, acquisitions and restructuring transactions.
- Represented a Los Angeles-based private equity firm in the initial acquisition of a motocross parts and accessories business and in the subsequent roll-up of two additional companies.
- Served as primary outside counsel to a privately held healthcare company in Baltimore, Maryland with over $1 billion in annual revenues. Responsible for corporate governance, commercial licensing, employment and financing matters.
- Represented leading New York-based specialty finance provider in connection with its equity investment in a private company, and the subsequent sale to a publicly traded company.
- Represented a global alternative asset manager in connection with its acquisition of convertible promissory notes of a Canadian-based publicly traded company and in a going-private transaction involving one of the largest food brands in Canada.
- M&A Legal Issues, Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors’ CM&AA Chicago, IL, September 2022