Mr. Lipman brings over 25 years of experience to the Firm's Residential Real Estate Settlements, Commercial Real Estate and Title Dispute Resolution groups. His residential practice concentrates primarily on representing buyers, sellers, and lenders in the acquisition, sale and financing of real property. Mr. Lipman also represents lenders and borrowers in resolving problem loans, including commercial and consumer loan workouts, and title dispute matters. He is a licensed title insurance agent for several national title insurance underwriters.
As a member of Shulman Rogers' Commercial Real Estate Group, Mr. Lipman has extensive experience in commercial closing transactions, including financing, title examinations, and complex title insurance and underwriting matters. He also handles SBA 7(a) and 504 loan transactions.
Mr. Lipman has extensive regional experience in property acquisitions for residential, commercial and mixed-use developments. He has successfully resolved complex land and title issues dealing with 140 year old multi-parcel prescriptive easements in Prince Georges County, Maryland, and erroneous historic easement designations involving major land development tracts in Howard County, Maryland. Mr. Lipman was also instrumental in initiating and implementing a novel commercial title insurance endorsement for a large scale residential community to be located in a unique planned development district. The new “Planned Development District” endorsement allowed the development of the property to continue through completion of the due diligence phase of the project.
Prior to joining Shulman Rogers, Mr. Lipman was Washington Area Counsel for Westminster Title Agency, Inc., a subsidiary of one of the nation’s largest luxury home builders. He managed the settlement and title departments for the company’s commercial land acquisitions, and conducted outsale settlements for its builder residential settlements division.
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Instructor - Northern Virginia Association of Realtors, Continuing Education
- Instructor - Granite Mortgage Corporation, Loan Officer Training Program
- Featured Speaker - Half-Moon Seminars, Mechanics of a Real Estate Closing/Title Examination/Clearing Title Problems and Objections
- Lecturer - REMAX Affiliates, Seminars for New Homebuyers
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Bar Association of Montgomery County - Real Property Section
- Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors - Affiliate Member
- Northern Virginia Association of Realtors - Affiliate Member
- NVAR Attorney Roundtable
- Virginia State Bar - Real Property Section
- Fairfax County Bar Association - Real Property Section