For the past four decades, Mort Faller's clients have turned to him for advice and counsel on the full range of personal and business legal needs. Although a nationally recognized and respected authority on business bankruptcy, commercial litigation and real estate title disputes, Mort's clients routinely call upon him for business advice, particularly when considering purchase or sale transactions or ownership issues. They also look to him for personal legal advice as they manage life cycle matters that include family law issues, wills and estate planning and asset protection planning. Mort listens, and then offers advice backed by his years of practice and what he believes to be in the client's best interest.
Mort’s years of experience as a commercial and real estate litigator, and his ability to effectively help clients find alternatives to litigation to resolve their disputes, has led to Mort's prominence as a mediator of complex commercial and bankruptcy matters. He is a member of The McCammon Group, which is comprised of retired judges and prominent attorneys who handle a broad range of mediation cases. While nearly every dispute will be resolved by a judge or a jury, mediation allows the parties to be a part of the resolution. Mort is skilled in assisting litigating parties in resolving their disputes while serving as a neutral mediator. His deep insight as a litigator has trained him to see both sides of an issue and serve as a "neutral", assessing facts, risks and exposures, and assisting the parties in affecting a resolution outside of court. His success rate for both voluntary and court-appointed mediation cases, assisting parties in resolving their dispute, is excellent.
The same expansive background that gives rise to Mort being a tremendous advisor and mediator often leads him into a courtroom as an expert witness. In this capacity, he is employed to provide expert testimony on bankruptcy and title insurance, legal malpractice and attorneys fee issues.
His considerable legal acumen and experience have led to numerous leadership roles throughout Mort's career. He has previously served as chair of both the Bankruptcy and Title Dispute Resolution Groups at Shulman Rogers, and was a long-standing member of the firm's Board of Directors. Mort was a founding director of the Bankruptcy Bar Association of the District of Maryland and is a past President of that Association. He is a frequent lecturer to attorneys in continuing legal education courses in the areas of bankruptcy and real estate title issues.
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2017 Best Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2016 Maryland and Washington DC Super Lawyers Listings
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Washingtonian Top Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2016 Best Lawyers Listing
- Morton Faller appointed to Montgomery County Commission on Aging as Senior Representative
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Best Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- New Ch. 11 Fee Standards May Be Big Burden For Little Return
- Twenty-three Shulman Rogers Attorneys Recognized in The American Lawyer's "Top Rated Lawyers" Series
- 5th Circ. Upholds Precedent On Bankruptcy Fee Awards
- Creative tactics help restructure Sir Walter Raleigh restaurant chain
- Mort Faller and Steve Metz Obtain Confirmation of Secured Creditor's Plan in Contested Confirmation Hearing Regarding Competing Chapter 11 Plans
- Dispute Resolution of Bankruptcy Cases, Maryland Law Journal, Sept/Oct, 2005
Professional & Community Affiliations
- The McCammon Group, Member
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the District of Maryland, Founding Director, Past President
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Member
- Montgomery County Commission on Aging, Member
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, Volunteer
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer