Tim Dugan's national and local developer clients rely on him to navigate their mixed-use, commercial, residential, retail, and industrial projects through the often complicated and lengthy zoning, land use and subdivision processes. Tim represents clients most frequently in Montgomery County, the City of Rockville, and the City of Gaithersburg, although he works in many other suburban Maryland jurisdictions.
Tim is known for diplomatically pressing for prompt and fair governmental determinations, and for collaborating with other development team members to keep projects on schedule. As an experienced land use and real estate attorney for over 30 years, Tim is accustomed to negotiating a variety of agreements necessary to implement his clients' entitlements. As a member of the Firm's real estate transaction team, he negotiates entitlement related issues in land and developed property transactions. Tim has represented his clients in appellate litigation before the Maryland appellate and circuit courts, and is a member of the Firm's litigation entitlement team.
Tim has chaired the Firm's Zoning and Land Use Practice Group for the past 14 years and serves or has served on a variety of Maryland and local zoning and land use related committees and panels. He served on the Maryland State Highway Administration's Land Use Expert Panel for the Intercounty Connector (ICC). He was a member of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission's (M-NCPPC) Transportation Policy Task Force. He was a member of the M-NCPPC White Flint Sector Plan Advisory Group. Tim was recently appointed as Counsel for the Bethesda Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce. He also serves on the Urban Land Institute Washington Case Studies Committee.
Tim is licensed in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
- Timothy Dugan elected to the Board of Directors of the Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce
- Timothy Dugan elected President of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of Washington, D.C.
- Timothy Dugan selected to serve on the Urban Land Institute Washington Case Studies Committee
- Tim Dugan appointed as Counsel for the Bethesda Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce
- Timothy Dugan serves as panelist for Urban Land Institute Presentation
- Tim Dugan Represents Shelter Development, LLC in "Brightview Rockville Town Center" Approval
- Timothy Dugan of Shulman Rogers Represented Saul Centers, Inc.
- Twenty-three Shulman Rogers Attorneys Recognized in The American Lawyer's "Top Rated Lawyers" Series
- Regional Spotlight: Mid-Atlantic/Carolinas
- Shulman Rogers represents Camden USA in developing Shady Grove Life Sciences site
- Shulman Rogers and Rodgers Consulting Present Montgomery County's Future with Private Roads and Ownership Lots
February 19, 2016
- Shulman Rogers Land Use chair Tim Dugan featured in BISNOW. Tim served as moderator of last week's BISNOW event which was focused on development in Montgomery County.
February 27, 2015
- Timothy Dugan of Shulman Rogers represented Saul Centers, Inc.
- Tim Dugan represents Shelter Development, LLC in "Brightview Rockville Town Center" Approval
- Camden Shady Grove Site Plan Approval
- Camden Shady Grove Preliminary Plan Amendment Approval Follows Sketch Plan Approval
- DANAC Stiles Approval For Multi-Level Parking Facility
- Camden Shady Grove Sketch Plan Approval
- Shelter Development Brightview of Fallsgrove Approved
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Montgomery County Chapter of the Maryland Building Industry Association (Life Director)
- Frederick County Building Industry Association
- Suburban Maryland Transportation Alliance
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Montgomery
- Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Urban Land Institute
- Maryland State Bar Association, Real Property Section and Co-Chair of the Advanced Real Property Institute