Tim Dugan's national and local developer clients rely on him to navigate their mixed-use, commercial, residential, retail and industrial projects through the often complicated and lengthy zoning, land use and subdivision processes. Tim represents clients most frequently in Montgomery County, the City of Rockville and the City of Gaithersburg, although he works in many other suburban Maryland jurisdictions.
Tim is known for diplomatically pressing for prompt and fair governmental determinations and for collaborating with other development team members to keep projects on schedule. As an experienced land use and real estate attorney for over 30 years, Tim is accustomed to negotiating a variety of agreements necessary to implement his clients' entitlements. As a member of the Firm's real estate transaction team, he negotiates entitlement related issues in land and developed property transactions. Tim has represented his clients in appellate litigation before the Maryland appellate and circuit courts and is a member of the Firm's litigation entitlement team.
Tim has chaired the Firm's Zoning and Land Use Practice Group for the past 16 years and serves or has served on a variety of Maryland and local zoning and land use related committees and panels. He served on the Maryland State Highway Administration's Land Use Expert Panel for the Intercounty Connector (ICC). He was a member of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission's (M-NCPPC) Transportation Policy Task Force. He is a Board member of the Friends of White Flint, the Western Montgomery County Citizens Advisory Board and the Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce. He also serves on the Urban Land Institute Washington Case Studies Committee and serves as the Chair of the Advanced Real Property Institute Program Committee of the Maryland State Bar Association.
Tim is licensed in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- Tim Dugan appointed as Business Representative to the Western Montgomery County Citizens Advisory Board
- Timothy Dugan elected to the Board of Directors of the Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce
- Timothy Dugan elected President of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of Washington, D.C.
- Timothy Dugan selected to serve on the Urban Land Institute Washington Case Studies Committee
- Timothy Dugan serves as panelist for Urban Land Institute Presentation
- Tim Dugan Represents Shelter Development, LLC in "Brightview Rockville Town Center" Approval
- Timothy Dugan of Shulman Rogers Represented Saul Centers, Inc. in White Oak
- Regional Spotlight: Mid-Atlantic/Carolinas
- Shulman Rogers represents Camden USA in developing multi-family project in the Shady Grove Life Sciences Area
- Tim Dugan to moderate Urban Land Institute's Camden Shady Grove case study panel
September 27, 2017
- Shulman Rogers and Rodgers Consulting Present Montgomery County's Future with Private Roads and Ownership Lots
- Shulman Rogers Land Use Chair Tim Dugan featured in BISNOW
- Timothy Dugan of Shulman Rogers represented Saul Centers, Inc. in White Oak
- Tim Dugan represents Shelter Development, LLC in "Brightview Rockville Town Center" Approval
- Camden Shady Grove Site Plan Approval
- Camden Shady Grove Preliminary Plan Amendment Approval Follows Sketch Plan Approval
- DANAC Stiles Approval For Multi-Level Parking Facility
- Camden Shady Grove Sketch Plan Approval
- Shelter Development Brightview of Fallsgrove Approved
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Co-Chair Economic Development and Government Affairs Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association, Real Property Section and Chair of the Advanced Real Property Institute
- Friends of White Flint Board of Directors
- Western Montgomery County Citizens Advisory Board
- President, The Society of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of Washington, D.C.
- Urban Land Institute Case Studies Committee
- Suburban Maryland Transportation Alliance
- Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership Montgomery
- Montgomery County Chapter of the Maryland Building Industry Association (Life Director)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Georgetown Preparatory School Alumni Association
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Alumni Association
- William and Mary Law School Alumni Association
- Georgetown University Alumni Association