Sarah Cline gets deals done. A transactional attorney with significant experience in both residential and commercial real estate deals, Sarah uses her litigation background to anticipate potential problems in a real estate transaction, and to address them before they cause undue delay or expense. Clients hire Sarah because her attentive, holistic approach to real estate transactions ensures smooth, efficient closings, and clients trust Sarah’s practical advice to resolve any issues that may arise.
While her legal practice encompasses a broad range of real estate related areas, Sarah focuses her practice on the representation of buyers, sellers and lenders in the acquisition, sale and financing of real estate. In addition, Sarah regularly works with real estate and mortgage brokers, advising on their day-to-day operations, regulatory compliance and dispute resolution. She also assists with the real estate needs of solar energy companies with development projects across Maryland.
A recognized leader in both the local and state legal communities, Sarah was recently selected to serve in the Fellows Program instituted by the American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and she currently co-chairs the Bar Association of Montgomery County Real Estate Law Section. In 2014 she was inducted as a Fellow of the Maryland Bar Foundation in recognition of her “outstanding dedication and contribution to maintaining the honor and integrity of the legal profession, the improvement and facilitation of justice, the work of the organized Bar of Maryland and civic leadership” – an honor given to only 2.5% of Maryland State Bar Association members. Sarah is a graduate of the Maryland State Bar Association’s Leadership Academy, having been selected to serve as a Fellow in 2011. From 2010 to 2015, Sarah served as the Coordinator of the Wills for Heroes Program in Maryland, which provides free Wills, Living Wills, Health Care and Financial Powers of Attorney to first responders throughout the state, and she continues to volunteer with the program regularly. In 2014, she was awarded the Maryland Pro Bono Service Alex Fee Memorial Award for her work with the Wills for Heroes program. As a testament to her cumulative achievements, The Daily Record named Sarah to the 2016 Leading Women listing which recognizes women who are 40 or younger for the tremendous accomplishments they have made so far in their career.
- Sarah Cline quoted in WAMU: To Stop Adams Morgan Building, Group Tests New Approach: Squatter’s Rights
- Sarah Cline appointed to the Board of United Way of Frederick County
- Sarah Cline selected to the American Bar Association Fellows Program
- "Leveraging Maryland Public Records Research to Add Value to your Practice", The Advocate, Winter 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Title Insurance Coverage: What Real Estate Counsel Must Know, Strafford CLE Webinar - November 2017
- Title Law in Maryland, National Business Institute Seminar - June 2017
- Women in the Law, Hood College Law and Criminal Justice Department Panel - April 2017
- Clearing Title for Defects Due to Easements, Encroachments and Survey/Boundary Disputes, Strafford CLE Webinar - December 2016 and July 2016
- Clearing Title for Defects Due to Easements, Encroachments and Survey/Boundary Disputes, Clear Law Institute CLE Webinar - September 2016
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Real Estate Section – Co-Chair
- Maryland State Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section Representative for Board of Governors
- Maryland Bar Foundation – Fellow
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland – Member
- American Bar Association – Member and Fellow
- Wills for Heroes Foundation – Volunteer and past program Coordinator for State of Maryland
- United Way of Frederick County – Board Member
- Frederick County Association of Realtors – Affiliate Member