Employers are scrambling to find ways to help their employees who are impacted by the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Under Section 139 of the Internal Revenue Code…help is now available. Now that the COVID-19 has been declared a national emergency, IRS Section 139 can be used to allow Employers to make tax-free payments or reimbursements to Employees as “Qualified Disaster Payments.”
Join us for this Friday’s webinar about the QDR plan and if it’s the right choice for your organization:
- What is a “qualified disaster payment”?
- What expenses might be considered to be eligible as a qualified disaster payment with respect to COVID-19?
- Is there a cap on how much an employer can provide to an employee as a qualified disaster payment?
Our panel of legal and tax experts will discuss QDR plans and help to answer your questions.
- Kevin FitzPatrick, Partner at The Capital Group and CEO of GovTech
- Andrew Beardall Esquire, General Counsel at The Capital Group
- Kahlil Perez, Senior Associate at The Capital Group
- John Lowden, Vice President at Infinisource
- TJ Wilkinson, Tax Attorney at Shulman Rogers