Shulman Rogers’ Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Recent Success
March 16, 2018
Shulman Rogers is a full-service law firm with its principal office located in Potomac, Maryland and branch offices in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia and Washington, D.C. Today there are approximately 100 attorneys, 25 legal assistants and more than 75 other staff and support personnel organized into six general operating departments: real estate, commercial litigation, business and financial services, telecommunications, trusts and estates and contingency litigation. Within each department, there are multiple practice groups concentrating on specific legal areas.
Experience, breadth of knowledge and commitment to excellence enables Shulman Rogers to provide high-quality legal services at a reasonable fee. As a result, Shulman Rogers is an attractive alternative to larger, higher-priced law firms and to smaller, less diverse firms in the Washington area.
Shulman Rogers represents landlords, tenants, investors, subtenants, management companies and real estate brokers in all aspects of leasing, including structuring the transaction, lease negotiations, build-out and occupancy. Our attorneys provide leasing services for numerous office, retail and warehouse properties in the metropolitan Washington, DC area.
We pride ourselves on our pragmatic approach to leasing and our ability to negotiate and document lease transactions in an economical fashion. We take a full-service approach, drawing upon attorneys in other Shuman Rogers practice areas, such as zoning and land use, tax, construction, bankruptcy and litigation so that we can advise our clients on the variety of legal issues that arise in leasing transactions.
Some of our recent leasing work on behalf of tenants and landlords includes:
- Currently represent franchisee of a top-20 quick service retail restaurant throughout the Washington, DC area
- Currently represent a conservation non-profit in its office leasing needs across the United States
- Represented a law firm in leasing 72,000 sq. ft. of space in building located at 2900 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Represented a tenant in leasing 320,000 sq. ft. of rentable area within a building located at 400 7th Street, S.W., Washington, D.C.
- Represented a law firm in leasing 41,000 sq. ft. of space in a building located at 1100 New York Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Represented a law firm in leasing 69,000 sq. ft. of office space in a building located at 950 F Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Represented a global engineering and manufacturing company in leasing 145,000 sq. ft. of office, distribution and manufacturing space in a building located at 7001 Dorsey Road, Hanover, Maryland
- Represented a publicly traded technology company in leasing 253,000 sq. ft. of office space in two buildings located at 9300 and 9320 Lee Highway, Fairfax, Virginia
- Represented a publicly traded biotech company in leasing in an entire 34,000 sq. ft. building for office and laboratory space located at 9708 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, Maryland
- Currently represent owner of office building containing 175,000 sq. ft. of space located at 1400 Eye Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Currently represent owner of office building containing 114,000 sq. ft. of rentable area located at 1020 19th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Currently represent owner of 79,000 sq. ft. shopping center located at 10154 River Road, Potomac, Maryland
- Currently represent owner of a four-building office/medical complex containing 542,000 sq. ft. of rentable area located at 6410-6430 Rockledge Drive, 10215 Fernwood Road, and 6550 Rock Spring Drive, Bethesda, Maryland
- Represented owner-occupier of office building containing 127,000 sq. ft. of rentable area located at 1133 20th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Represented owner-occupier of office building containing 35,000 sq. ft. of rentable area located at 1331 G Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Represented owner of a building containing 347,000 sq. ft. of rentable area located at 3 Bethesda Metro Center, Bethesda, Maryland
- Represented owner of a nine-building portfolio of office buildings in Rosslyn, Virginia located at 1000-1515 Wilson Boulevard, 1400 Key Boulevard and 1701 North Fort Meyer Drive
- Represent owner of a four-building office complex located at 11710-11740 Plaza America Drive, Reston, Virginia containing 982,000 sq. ft. of rentable area
- Represented owner of a three-building office complex containing 345,467 sq. ft. of rentable area located at 1707-1710 SAIC Drive, McLean, Virginia, with recent leases including lease of 164,000 sq. ft. of space to SAIC and lease of 103,000 sq. ft. of space to CVENT
- Represented owner of a retail building located at 2051 Chain Bridge Road, Vienna, Virginia containing 55,000 sq. ft. of floor area, in connection with a lease with Bed Bath & Beyond