Clients rely on Tad Lunger to shepherd their complex real estate deals from start to finish. His ability to navigate the political aspects of land use and development endeavors, his intricate knowledge of the construction cycle and wealth of experience in project financing and investment structures make him a go-to attorney in his field.
Tad is well known for handling large scale mixed-use urban projects and land use approvals, particularly in Arlington County, Virginia, having completed millions of square feet of development and scores of capital projects. He is also known for his business acumen, managing significant corporate and financial transactions in the real estate and development field.
He concentrates his practice on land use, zoning, real estate, construction and development, public/private partnerships and capital projects, as well as related local, state and federal government concerns. Understanding the market, political implications and how projects are actually financed and built gives Tad a unique insight that ultimately benefits everyone involved in his transactions. He is a LEED Accredited Professional with knowledge of the law as it relates to the design, construction and operation of green buildings.
In addition to the knowledge gained in private practice, Tad provides clients the added perspective of having represented local Virginia government in similar matters. This experience in negotiating and structuring public/private partnerships and other transactions involving governmental entities related to real estate and capital projects provides a holistic comprehension of the approval process and is an enormous benefit to clients.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Chair, Government Relations and Economic Development Committee, Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Founding Member and Former Executive Committee Member of Board of Directors, Ballston Business Improvement District Corporation
- Member, Board of Directors, ASPAN, Member, Opportunity Housing LLC
- Member and Chair of Building Committee, Board of Directors, Phoenix Bikes
- Member, NAIOP of Northern Virginia, Arlington Government Relations Committee
- Member, Housing Conservation District Advisory Commission
- Member, Lee Highway Planning Commission
- Member, Board of Construction Appeals, Arlington County
- Member of Various Real Estate Holding Entities, Service Providers and Building Company
- Member and Executive Committee Member, Board of Directors, Columbia Pike Revitalization Organization