Brittani Gordon brings a diverse background in bankruptcy to Shulman Rogers, with experience in consumer, commercial and complex Chapter 11 proceedings. Legal teams and clients appreciate that she is very thorough in her deliverables and always responsive and available. She represents various clients, including debtors, creditors, trustees and landlords in all aspects of the Firm’s bankruptcy practice.
Before joining Shulman Rogers, Brittani served as a law clerk to several of the judges of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland, where she took the lead with respect to numerous substantive and procedural issues and related adversary matters. She also worked as a Bankruptcy Associate for a Delaware law firm, handling Chapter 11 cases. Brittani earned her J.D. from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and her B.S. in Finance, magna cum laude, from Hampton University. She is licensed to practice law in Maryland, New York and the District of Columbia.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI)
- Diversity Working Group, February 2020 – Present
- General Member, December 2016 – Present
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Member, June 2017 – Present
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, November 2009 – Present