Start-Ups and Venture Capital
Startup And Venture Capital Services for Maryland, Virginia, & DC
New for start-ups, Shulman Rogers introduces Shulman Rogers NEXT, a specialized legal program designed to meet the unique needs of seed and early-stage companies. Learn more here.
Shulman Rogers has a long history of providing quality legal services to entrepreneurs, start-up companies and emerging companies in a wide variety of industries including publishing, information technology, retail, food service, communications, life sciences, healthcare, insurance, real estate, manufacturing and product distribution.
We understand the needs of start-up companies and work closely with clients in all aspects of their formation and development to help position them for growth and success. Our established relationships with financing sources, vendors and potential strategic business partners have enabled us to add value for our clients in addition to our legal expertise.
Services we offer to start-up companies include:
- Review and feedback as to business plans and business feasibility
- Advice as to the choice of business entity
- Entity formation and legal organization
- Identifying, and introduction to, financing sources
- Negotiation and documentation of financing
- Assistance with investor presentations
- Preparation of form contracts and business agreements
- Preparation of employment agreements for key personnel
- Preparation of non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements for key personnel
- Development and protection of intellectual property
- Corporate governance structuring and advice
- Structuring equity and non-equity compensation plans for key personnel
- Attendance at board meetings and strategic advice
- Negotiating joint ventures, licensing arrangements and other strategic alliances
- Formulation and ultimate implementation of exit strategies, including sale of business to third party, merger, IPO, leveraged buyout to management and ESOP buyout