Residential Real Estate Settlements
The Residential Settlement Practice Group provides you with skilled, experienced and reassuring assistance through the entire settlement process. Our settlement team understands that purchasing and refinancing a home are the largest financial transactions most people are ever involved in and that can easily create stress and anxiety. We are here to help before, during and after closing.
Our settlement attorneys include Fellows of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, past and present Chairs of the Bar Association of Montgomery County’s Real Estate Section, and some of the most experienced real estate attorneys in the area, including the Managing Shareholder of Shulman Rogers. Our settlement paralegals are also among the most highly regarded settlement professionals in the area.
Settlement attorney services include:
- Ensuring that the terms of the contract or loan commitment are followed and accurately reflected in the final settlement documents.
- Researching the land records and reviewing the property title to be certain all liens, mortgages, judgments, and other legal matters are properly addressed prior to settlement.
- Reviewing the survey to be certain any encroachments, easements or other survey matters are properly addressed prior to settlement.
- Acting as escrow agent and making sure that all of the money being distributed in the transaction is properly allocated.
- Preparing the deed, HUD-1 Settlement Statement and other settlement documents.
- Supervising the execution of the settlement documents and conducting the closing.
- Transferring and recording the property in the land records.
- Acting as a title insurance agent, issuing title insurance to owners and lenders.
RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE UPDATES
May 20, 2016: Did You Know?
April 22, 2016: Did You Know?
April 8, 2016: Did You Know?
March 25, 2016: Did You Know?
March 11, 2016: Did You Know?
March 4, 2016: Did You Know?
- Sarah Cline becomes an affiliate member of the Frederick County Association of Realtors
- Sarah Cline published in The Advocate: Leveraging Maryland Public Records Research to Add Value to Your Practice
- Matt Alegi comments on the latest scam affecting home sales in The Washington Post
- Sarah Cline featured in MSBA Bar Bulletin: Young Lawyers Help Heroes Plan for End of Life
- How to Select a Home Inspector
- Say goodbye to the slow short sale process
- Chair of Residential Real Estate Practice Group at Shulman Rogers Promoted to Shareholder