Clients come to Katerina Zdrahal for assistance with a variety of commercial loan programs involving asset-based secured and unsecured loan transactions and credit facilities. She represents regional and institutional lenders in connection with their commercial loan origination and modification activities.
Prior to joining Shulman Rogers as an associate in the Firm’s Business & Financial Services Department, Katerina was senior counsel in the D.C. offices of two national law firms where her practice focused on complex commercial real estate financing secured by various types of real estate property including hospitality, mixed-use and affordable multi-family housing.
Katerina also previously worked in an in-house setting, representing a company in its acquisition and disposition of its single and portfolio cell tower assets, managing its ground lease optimization program, and in a variety of other real estate related matters in connection with its securitization efforts.
Banking and Real Estate Related Representative Transactions
- Represented Lender in $7,250,000 revolving facility and related $600,000 term facility secured, in part, by an assignment of government contract receivables pursuant to the Federal Assignment of Claims Act.
- Represented Company in a multi-million-dollar acquisition of a portfolio of over 20 cell tower sites located throughout Texas and New Mexico including related site equipment and infrastructure, related real property interests, and customer collocation agreements pertaining to the tower assets.
- Represented Bond Purchaser in a $6,800,000 tax-exempt bond financing loan made from the proceeds of the sale of the issuance of two series of tax-exempt bonds secured by four multi-family housing projects located in two Illinois counties. This transaction included intercreditor issues related to approximately $1,850,000 of unsecured subordinate debt.
- Represented Lender in a $25,250,000 consolidation, amendment and restatement of existing debt secured by four parcels of real estate located in Washington, D.C.
- Represented Lender in a $30,000,000 mezzanine loan secured by sponsor’s membership interests in borrower in connection with the construction of a ground leased high-rise mixed-use building in New York City consisting of hotel, retail and structured parking facilities. This transaction included intercreditor issues related to a $70,000,000 senior construction loan and post-closing issues related to the conversion of the collateral to a condominium regime.
- Represented Lender in a cross-defaulted and cross-collateralized $92,370,000 acquisition loan involving restructure of multiple single-purpose entities secured by eight assisted living facilities located in five states.