One frustration often voiced by entrepreneurs and business executives about lawyers is that “they just don’t understand business."
Don Rogers is a lawyer who understands business. In fact, he is a very accomplished and trusted business advisor to many startup, early-stage, and growth companies.
According to Don Middleberg, a very successful entrepreneur and client, “Most lawyers don’t even try to understand my business and they certainly don’t know how to get a deal done. Don Rogers is a deal maker, not a deal breaker. I feel I can trust Don with anything. His experience and expertise have paid off handsomely for me and my family.”
A leader in the firm's Business and Financial Services Department, Don is regarded by many as one of the foremost business advisory/transaction attorneys in the Metro Washington area. Beyond serving as legal counsel, he is known for his practical, hands-on experience in M&A transactions, tax and business planning, employee equity plans, and succession planning. Recently, he represented Central Wholesalers, Inc., a privately held property management distribution company, in its sale to Lowe’s Enterprises.
With his background in finance, tax, accounting, and his significant experience in working with many companies, Don is able to further the growth and success of a business in many ways beyond those of a typical lawyer. Clients value Don's assistance in securing necessary resources such as seed capital, private equity, venture capital, and strategic alliances. One client, RightEye, LLC, recently relied on Don as counsel in a $3 million financing investment from VSP, one of the nation’s largest vision care providers. As a highly-regarded business attorney, Don has been a very effective team member in planning and executing exit strategies, mergers, and acquisitions.
Don serves as a valuable member of the Board of Directors for a number of his clients (including his role as Founding Director of Eagle Bancorp, a highly successful community bank located in the Metro Washington area). His skill set in understanding business and working well with people has allowed him to be an effective part of organizing the business relationship among founders.
Don is also a leader in the business and philanthropic communities. As Chairman of the EagleBank Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, Don has helped raise millions of dollars to fund research and to provide assistance to cancer patients. And in 2012, he was recognized for his significant contributions in the fight against breast cancer.
- Twelfth Annual EagleBank Foundation Fight Against Breast Cancer Golf and First Annual Tennis Classic Raised Over $400,000
- Don Rogers, founding member of EagleBank Foundation, featured in the 'Spotlight on the EagleBank Foundation' section of the EagleBank Quarterly Newsletter
- EagleBank Foundation Raises Record Amount for Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Joining the lender ranks: New Reston group targets veterans, small businesses
- Don Rogers Honored as Chairman of EagleBank Foundation
- Eighth Annual EagleBank Foundation Fight Against Breast Cancer Golf Classic Raised Over $330,000
- Charitable at Trump National
- Shulman Rogers will have strong presence at MD Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame dinner
- Don Rogers with Eaglebank CEO Ron Paul at Eaglebank's foundation annual golf tournament
- Ready to Sell Your Business?
- SHULMAN ROGERS ATTORNEYS RECOGNIZED AS “LEGAL ELITE”
- Eaglebank raises $266,000 at golf classic to fight breast cancer
- Don Rogers, lawyer, assists business start-ups and early stage businesses
- Don Rogers Speaks Out for Cancer Research
- Golf Tournament Raises Cancer Awareness in an Effort to Lower DC’s Cancer Rate
- Don Rogers and Eagle Bank Support a Good Cause
- Shulman Rogers Certified as a Green Business
- Exit Planning for Business Owners
October 26, 2010
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Associate Professor, American University, Washington College of Law
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, Member, Committee on Real Estate Tax Problems