Nancy P. Regelin uses her skills as a strategic thinker, communicator, and manager to implement the vision of land owners, developers, and creative consultants to create great places for us to live, work and play. One of her true strengths lies in the trust and relationships she builds with elected officials, staff, community leaders, professional consultants, and other attorneys that she can draw upon to creatively solve problems.
Nancy enjoys a broad real estate practice which encompasses land use, development, document drafting, due diligence, title, engineering, construction, litigation, leasing, foreclosure, bankruptcy, lobbying, permitting, and project management. Her expansive background allows her to steward a project through its entire life cycle, dealing with any bumps along the way.
Her ability to navigate a complex situation and affect a positive outcome is built on a career of trouble-shooting. Nancy spent seven years as a design engineer, first in the engineering department of a national manufacturing company and then with an architectural engineering firm. Later armed with a law degree, she has devoted more than three decades to advancing ideas that often upset the status quo, finding common ground, counter-balancing opposition, seeking innovative solutions, standing strong if merited, and litigating when necessary.
Nancy regularly provides due diligence support for lenders, purchasers, and out of town asset managers in preserving and evaluating the status of zoning entitlements and permits, title, and the development potential of real estate assets. Since 1985, she has regularly appeared before governmental bodies, boards and agencies and successfully obtained approvals for commercial and residential developments, subdivisions, special exceptions, variances, text amendments, annexations and other zoning and development approvals.
Ms. Regelin previously managed the firm's landlord-tenant practice which encompassed both commercial and residential properties in Maryland, DC and Virginia. She regularly dealt with issues involving lease defaults, CAM issues, tenant bankruptcy, Section 8 and other rental assistance programs, the Americans with Disabilities Act, fair housing and non-discrimination statutes, drug activity and nuisance laws, as well as the drafting and updating of leases. She regularly appeared in court on behalf of both commercial and residential landlords and commercial tenants and served as counsel for many national and local real estate owners and managers.
In 1999 Nancy founded, and has chaired for the last 15 years, The Power Conference, a regional Women's business development conference and tradeshow held annually in Montgomery County. The conference is an excellent vehicle for her to pursue her passion of helping women-owned businesses develop and flourish.
- Women Owned Start-ups Vying for More than $10,000 in Cash Awards in StartRight! Women’s Business Plan Competition
- Nancy Regelin featured as an iconic woman in The P3 Solution's celebration of National Women's History Month
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2016 Maryland and Washington DC Super Lawyers Listings
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Conference Celebrates Local Businesswomen
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Has Sixteen Attorneys Named to the 2013 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Twenty-three Shulman Rogers Attorneys Recognized in The American Lawyer's "Top Rated Lawyers" Series
- Shulman Rogers Has Eight Attorneys Named to the 2012 Super Lawyers Business Edition Listing for Washington, D.C.
- Shulman Rogers will have strong presence at MD Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame dinner
- What to Watch: Key Events This Week
- Nancy Regelin Appointed Chair of the Department of Permitting Services Citizen Advisory Committee
- Catalyst Project for Redevelopment of Rockville Town Center
- Upper Rock District: Transformation of Suburban Office Park
- Shelter Development Brightview of Fallsgrove Approved
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Rockville Chamber of Commerce (President, 1998; Vice President of Legislative Affairs, 1996 and 1997)
- CREW-Suburban MD (Commercial Real Estate Women), President, 2000
- Appointed by the Mayor and Council of Rockville to the Zoning Ordinance Revision Task Force (RORZOR), the Art in Town Center advisory committee, and Imagine Rockville visioning project.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Women's Bar Associations of Maryland and Montgomery County