Megan Raker provides her clients with efficient and creative representation at all stages of the litigation process. She is detail oriented and focuses her energy towards identifying and achieving the best possible outcome on their behalf.
As a litigation associate, Megan skillfully represents her clients in contract disputes, operating agreements, membership and shareholder rights and disputes, intellectual property issues and real estate partnership disputes. Clients and colleagues alike enjoy working with her because of the fervor and enthusiasm she brings to each matter.
With respect to Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights, Megan represents clients in bankruptcy filings as well as in litigation to secure claims in related matters. Outside of the bankruptcy arena, she assists lenders and creditors in corporate and commercial litigation matters.
While earning her Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, she served as Notes and Comments Editor of the Maryland Law Review. She was also active in the Just Advice Clinic, where she advocated on behalf of her clients’ interests in commercial disputes, small claims and landlord tenant matters. Megan graduated magna cum laude from law school, receiving The William P. Cunningham Award for exceptional achievement and service.
Megan is a member of the American Bar Association, the Maryland State Bar Association, the Bar Association of Montgomery County and the Virginia State Bar Association. She is admitted to practice in Maryland and Virginia.
- As published in Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law: A Split Supreme Court Leaves Spousal Guarantees Up in the Air, Written by Michael Lichtenstein and Megan Raker
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Automotive Trades Foundation, General Counsel and BOD member
- Best Buddies Friendship Walk, member of Planning Committee
- Yoga Instructor (RYT 200)
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Virginia State Bar Association