Alexis Peters is a shareholder and chair of the Firm's Commercial Real Estate Transaction Group. Alexis focuses her practice on commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and the financing of commercial and multiple-lot residential real estate.
Commercial real estate companies like working with Alexis because she treats every client deal as though it is her own. As a result, they trust her and know that she will do great work. Clients also appreciate the fact that she keeps them informed as to what is going on in the market, providing meaningful market intelligence as well as introduction to new relationships. As one of the more active transactional attorneys in the Metropolitan area, Alexis’ clients feel comfortable that she has negotiated and closed so many real estate transactions.
Alexis has successfully structured, negotiated, documented and closed transactions involving shopping centers, office buildings, hotels, multi-family housing (rental and condominium), health care facilities and other retail and mixed-use projects. Her clients include real estate developers, investors, lenders, hotel owners and home builders. She also represents landlords and tenants in retail, industrial, ground and office lease transactions.
- Acquisition and Financing of 1400 Eye Street, N.W. Washington D.C., which involved 175,000 sq/ft office building subject to Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority ground lease
- Acquisition and Two-Tiered Financing of 1625 K Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.
- Acquisition, Financing, and Development of “The Swift” in Petworth, Washington, D.C. involving redevelopment of an existing grocery store into a new 62,400 sq/ft grocery store and 220 multi-family units
- Hotel Joint Venture and Mixed Use Development of City Market at O, 880 P. Street, N.W., involving 182 room hotel in 1,000,000 sq/ft mixed-use development
- Acquisition, Financing, Leasing and Disposition of 1350 Eye Street, N.W. involving 381,000 sq/ft office building
- Acquisitions and Financing of Square 85 Assemblage, 1900, 1920 L Street and 1020 19th St. involving 311,062 sq/ft buildings, a Prime Class A redevelopment site
- Acquisition, Financing and Development of Tysons Central - Silver Line, located Rt. 7 and Rt. 123 involving 1,500,000 sq/ft mixed use project, apartments, office, hotel and retail
- Acquisition, Financing and Development of Rutherford Farm, 151 Market Street, Winchester involving 400,000 + sq/ft shopping center
- Acquisition and Financing of BJ’s Wholesale Club, 6607 Wilson Blvd., Falls Church
- Sam Spiritos and Alexis Peters quoted in Law 360: Market Map: 4 Trends In Washington, DC, Property Deals
- Alexis Peters, Paul Chung and Matthew Alegi named as Montgomery County Bar Foundation Bar Leaders
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Advanced Real Property Institute, Maryland State Bar Association
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Co-Chair, Advanced Real Property Institute, Maryland State Bar Association 2012, 2013
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, member
- Member, Real Estate Section Council for the Maryland State Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Real Estate Section of the Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland, 2007 - 2013