“Scott Museles is more than my attorney. He is one of my most important business advisors.” Janeen Gelbart, co-founder of Indiggo Associates LLC, a provider of leadership training platforms goes on to say, “He helped me raise my first million dollars of investment. He and his colleagues at Shulman Rogers help me manage the legal and business issues around investors, employees, alliances, vendors, and intellectual property. He has been a true partner in starting my business and helping me to make it successful.”
Scott counsels start-up, early-stage and mature private companies, small-cap and micro-cap public companies, placement agents and investment banks, and investment fund sponsors on a wide range of transactional and business law matters. His practice emphasizes public and private placement offerings, mergers and acquisitions, angel and venture capital transactions, crowd-funding, private equity and real estate fund formation, reverse mergers, roll-ups, SEC and state securities blue sky compliance, corporate governance and general corporate law.
For his clients that do not have in-house legal counsel, Mr. Museles often serves as the client’s "outside general counsel", taking a leadership role in managing the clients’ legal matters and providing effective and efficient solutions that are consistent with his clients’ business objectives.
Throughout his career, Scott has counseled clients on business transactions and general corporate matters in a wide variety of industries, including hospitality, technology, government contracting, fuel distribution, medical device, real estate, business services, retail, aviation, sports and entertainment, restaurants, alternative energy, medical marijuana and specialty contracting. Scott has advised buyers and sellers on scores of transactions and, in addition to providing M&A advice, he has helped companies raise millions in private and public investment funds. As an important added value, Scott routinely helps his clients identify investors.
Scott is Co-Chairman of the Firm’s Business and Financial Services Department and Chair of the Firm’s Securities Practice Group. Prior to joining Shulman Rogers, he served as Of Counsel at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, LLP. Scott began his career as an attorney-advisor at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the Division of Corporation Finance, where he worked on IPOs, mergers and other securities regulatory matters for companies in the investment banking, securitization, gaming, hotel, restaurant and leisure industries.
- Shulman Rogers Represents Vigene Biosciences in its Acquisition of Omnia Biologics
- Start-Ups to Stars: Shulman Rogers' Clients Founding Farmers, RightEye, Rose's Luxury and Spotluck Recognized Regionally and Nationally
- Shulman Rogers Assists MGN Logistics with Acquisition Strategy, Represented by Scott Museles
- The Hot 10 2014: Rose's Luxury, Washington, D.C.
- Scott Museles cited in Forbes on 506(c) Offering - Verification of Accredited Investors
- Scott Museles weighs in on D.C.'s restaurant boom and the people funding it
- "Reeves v. Ernst & Young: To Be or Not To Be a Security", Catholic University Law Review, Volume 40, No. 3
- New SEC Disclosure Proposals Require Public Companies' Attention, Legal Opinion Letter, Washington Legal Foundation, Vol. 12, No. 18, 2002