Alexandra Michailov brings a decade-long record of providing strategic counseling and advice to corporate and individual clients, helping them successfully resolve their immigration issues. Clients note that Alexandra is a “fantastic, passionate, dedicated and knowledgeable attorney.” Her record of delivering favorable outcomes on employment-based immigration benefits, corporate compliance and family-based immigration matters has gained her recognition as a Rising Star on the list of Washington D.C. Super Lawyers.
Alexandra, a Shareholder at Shulman Rogers, represents corporate clients including large corporations, small businesses, non-profit organizations, and technology, start-up and emerging growth companies in a wide range of immigration matters including non-immigrant and immigrant visas. She delivers exceptional results for clients with cross-border immigration matters, with particular emphasis on mobility of key foreign executives, specialized knowledge workers and foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. In her practice, Alexandra places an emphasis on personalized service, pragmatic approach and a timely turnaround on all cases.
An immigrant herself, Alexandra understands the complex and potentially challenging processes foreign nationals face and always treats clients and their matters with the respect they expect and deserve. Her background gives her an empathetic perspective as she helps others navigate the immigration system. Her clients and peers recognize Alexandra’s “responsiveness, professionalism, optimism and kindness.”
In addition to U.S. immigration, Alexandra routinely works with multinational corporations to quickly relocate their employees to locations in Asia, Europe and the Middle East. She has extensive expertise with entry, work and residency processes in various jurisdictions around the world.
After graduating from Georgetown University Law Center, Alexandra practiced with a prestigious international law firm in Washington D.C. before starting her own practice. As a regular author on immigration compliance and migration policies, she has been published by HRO Today and quoted in Law360.
In her free time, Alexandra is passionate about the outdoors, sports and the mountains. She has trekked in the Himalayas and is training to climb Kilimanjaro.
- Representing Indian consulting companies in high volume H-1B visa applications for third-party client placements.
- On behalf of a solar industry company, secured United States Investor Visa for a key European investor.
- Quickly obtained a green card approval for an Indian scientist involved in promising research on a neurological disease at a top-rated U.S. research institution.
- Regularly secures green cards approvals for “aliens of extraordinary ability” on behalf of journalists, musicians and members of the film industry.
- Successfully obtained investor visas for high net worth individual clients from Switzerland, Germany, Canada, Poland and Serbia.
- Secured work visas for key UK personnel of the largest humanitarian mine clearance organization in the world.
- Advised multinational company in transferring teams of engineers from India for training programs in Europe and the Middle East to facilitate development of operations abroad.
- Provides representation for minor unaccompanied children who enter the immigration system alone in association with KIND (Kids in Need of Defense), a non-profit organization started by Microsoft and Angelina Jolie.
- Alexandra Michailov published on news sites for HR and benefits professionals
- Alexandra Michailov speaks with "Good Morning Japan" on U.S. immigration trends
- Shulman Rogers adds Alexandra Michailov, widely respected immigration and global mobility attorney
- Immigration compliance under the Trump Administration – what employers need to know, Employee Benefit Adviser, December 2017
- Immigration compliance under the Trump Administration – what employers need to know, Employee Benefit News, December 2017
- Americans continue to relinquish U.S. citizenship under Trump, International Law Views, October 2017
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association