Ms. Mehigan is a shareholder in the Commercial Litigation group and is Co-Chair of the Family Law and Fiduciary practice group. Her areas of practice include fiduciary litigation matters such as guardianship of adults and minors, elder law and trust and estate litigation as well as a full range of family law matters including complex issues related to business and property valuations, division of marital property and custody and visitation issues. Ms. Mehigan also assists families in unique and challenging circumstances regarding issues related to disabled adults and individuals suffering from mental health issues. In addition to her fiduciary and family law practice, Ms. Mehigan regularly advises social workers, nurses, psychologists and psychiatrists regarding personal and business issues. She has advised therapists regarding a range of legal issues including responding to subpoenas, best practices and Board complaints. Ms. Mehigan regularly practices throughout the State of Maryland, the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Mehigan was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Lenore R. Gelfman in the Circuit Court for Howard County, Maryland. Ms. Mehigan serves as the chair of the Montgomery County Chapter of the Women's Bar Association's Judicial Selections Committee. She has also served as an officer of the Montgomery County Women’s Bar Association as well.
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2016 Maryland and Washington DC Super Lawyers Listings
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A. Announces New Shareholders
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Appointed to Judicial Selection Committee of Women's Bar Association
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Women's Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- American Inns of Court for Montgomery County, 2003 - 2004, Associate
- Virginia Bar Association, Member
- The John Carroll Society, Member
- Maryland Super Lawyers, 2014, 2016