Mee Soon Langohr’s clients note that “her extensive knowledge, outside-the-box thinking and ability to find quick solutions” are key reasons they entrust her to serve as their counsel. They praise having 24/7 access to timely, perceptive, responsive advice and strategic legal guidance. Mee Soon represents clients on a wide range of matters, including negotiations, criminal investigations, cybersecurity breaches and notifications, government enforcement actions, internal investigations and general regulatory compliance matters.
In difficult situations, clients appreciate that Mee Soon has experience with all aspects of representation. They see her as a skillful trial lawyer who is confident and comfortable in court and an experienced and tough negotiator who explores every viable option to prevent lengthy litigation for her clients.
Mee Soon joined Shulman Rogers after spending four years as an Assistant State’s Attorney in Baltimore City. Judges, peers and adversaries all share the same view of Mee Soon as “tough but fair.” At Shulman Rogers, clients note how they have benefited from her “outstanding work ethic, dedication and impressive tenacity.” She routinely delivers successful outcomes in investigations and litigation for both her individual and corporate clients.
Mee Soon also acts as Outside General Counsel for Industry Council for Emergency Response Technologies (iCERT). She provides advice to its members on legislative developments that impact emergency response technologies, as well as potential liability risks to and protections for commercial enterprises.
- Currently acting as General Counsel for Industry Council for Emergency Response Technologies (iCERT).
- Currently representing a medical professional in Medicare/Medicaid fraud investigation.
- Successfully represented financial advisors in U.S. Attorney’s Office investigations.
- Successfully represented clients in matters before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Successfully represented clients in U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigations.
- Successfully represented a business owner in cybersecurity breach notifications and in taking protective measures in the event of future breaches.
- Successfully represented an agency in an internal investigation to determine if any officer violated SEC rules and regulations.
- Obtained acquittal for a store owner in state criminal charges.
- Successfully negotiated a client’s felony attempted murder charge to a misdemeanor charge.
- Successfully assisted a client in recovering a fraudulently-induced investment.
- Strategized and provided legal advice and general business guidance on a client's new business.
- Successfully negotiated a client's early termination of a lease.
- Mee Soon Langohr comments on Washington Post article: D.C. police update body-camera policy following fatal shooting of motorcyclist
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Canada Conference & Tradeshow, Banff Canada, Panelist, November 2016
- Industry Council for Emergency Response Technologies (iCERT) & Integrated Justice Information Systems Institute (IJIS) Emergency Response Technology Leadership Forum, Panelist, April 2016
- International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) Vegas Conference, Speaker, March 2016
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) Canada & Industry Council for Emergency Response Technologies (iCERT) NG911 Forum, Toronto, Panelist, September 2015
- International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) Webinar, Speaker, March 2015
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Montgomery County Bar Foundation Bar Leader
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Community Outreach Section, Board Member
- Leadership Montgomery Youth Leadership Scholarship Selection Committee 2015, 2016
- Bar Association of Montgomery County Leadership Development Fellow 2015-2016