Mr. Gandal's practice is primarily real estate related and includes entity formation, governmental regulation (local, state and federal), landlord-tenant, environmental issues, land sales and purchases, creation and operation of condominiums and cooperatives, financing (borrower and lender), arbitration, government contracts and various business management matters.
Mr. Gandal has been with the firm for 35 years. Prior to joining the Firm, he was at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD"), initially in the Legal Honors Program and later as a Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary for Housing Management. While at HUD he received a Special Achievement Award as counsel to the Operation Breakthrough Program.
Honors and Awards:
- Legal Honors Program, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Special Achievement Award, Operation Breakthrough, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Past Employment Positions:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Choice of Entity - Montgomery County Bar Association
- Real Estate Contracts - Maryland Bar Association
- Legal Research and Writing - American University School of Law
- Interstate Land Sales - American Bar Association / University of Maryland
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Montgomery County Representative - Council of Governments
- Transportation Committee - Montgomery County Charter Commission