Kelly E. Davis is tenacious in her efforts to achieve the best possible result for her clients. She employs her knowledge of family law and her acute power of persuasion to bring matters to resolution. Kelly's fine grasp of the issues and ability to prioritize allow her to remain focused and composed during negotiations with opposing counsel.
A member of the Family Law and Fiduciary Litigation Group, Kelly focuses her practice on domestic relations matters, including divorce and custody litigation, child support and alimony issues, separation and settlement agreements and property distribution. She is also experienced in handling guardianships of disabled adults and minors.
Kelly is trained in both mediation and collaborative law, a method of handling family law matters in which the parties agree to work together to resolve their disputes out of court and without litigation.
Kelly received her Juris Doctor from The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law in 2007 and her Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology/Anthropology from St. Mary’s College of Maryland. While in law school, she represented low-income clients in domestic violence matters as a student attorney at the University’s Families and the Law Clinic.
Prior to entering private practice, Kelly served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Katherine D. Savage of the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland. She is admitted to practice law in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia.
She is originally from Rockville, Maryland. When she is not practicing law, Kelly is an avid road runner, conquering race distances ranging from the 5k to the marathon.
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2016 Maryland and Washington DC Super Lawyers Listings
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Case Note: Apenyo v. Apenyo, Family Law News, MSBA Family and Juvenile Law Section Council, March 2012
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Member, Programming Co-Chair, Family Law Section, 2011-2012
- Best Buddies Maryland Friendship Walk Committee, 2014-2015, Team Captain for Shulman Rogers at Best Buddies Maryland Friendship Walk, 2014-2015