Justin M. D’Aniello represents clients in a wide array of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private offerings, and venture capital transactions. An associate in the firm’s Business & Financial Services Department, he also advises businesses in all stages of growth, from entity planning and formation to corporate governance, financing, and exit strategies.
Clients appreciate Justin's approach, his diligence and the care he shows for their overall business objectives. He approaches each client matter with no preconceived notions. Taking time to first to listen to, and understand, each client’s needs and gain a sense of the direction they want to take their business in, Justin then develops a “deal strategy” that is not only unique to each client, but also aligned with each client’s specific business goals.
- Represented a company raising approximately $3 million in capital from venture capital firms and angel investors in order to create a derivatives exchange for virtual currency.
- Represented a Maryland-based technology company in its acquisition by a large British technology group for a total potential value of $25 million.
- Represented a start-up social media company raising $500k in seed capital from investors for the development and marketing of its product.
- Represented a cyber security and data analytics firm in its acquisition by a larger cyber security firm for a total value of $12 million.
- Represented a Maryland-based healthcare technology firm in its acquisition by a publicly-traded company for a total value of $40 million.
- Represented a non-profit affordable housing developer in its acquisition of an affordable housing complex in the Washington DC Metro area.
- Represented a Maryland-based company investing in promising small businesses in the Washington DC Metro area.
Prior to joining the Firm, Justin was an associate in the Bethesda office of JDKatz, P.C., where he practiced in the areas of corporate, tax, and trusts & estates law. While with JDKatz, P.C., He advised clients in business and asset acquisitions, partnership disputes, business formation and restructuring, and corporate tax planning and controversy. During law school, Justin served on the Executive Board of the Catholic University Law Review as Production Editor.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- American Bar Association