Patrick Brown uses efficient and effective solutions to shepherd deals from letter of intent to successful closing. Commercial real estate professionals depend on him to guide them through the legal channels of their complex transactions. As an active member of a family-owned business, Patrick knows first-hand the pressures a business deal can offer and the importance of getting it right the first time.
Both locally and nationally, Patrick concentrates his practice on a variety of sophisticated commercial real estate transactions for institutional property owners, entrepreneurial investors and developers in all aspects of acquisition, financing (including CMBS and mezzanine structures), development and leasing. He represents and advises clients regarding various types of commercial real property, including commercial, mixed-use, office buildings, retail/shopping centers, automotive dealerships, hotels and resorts and development of mixed-use large-scale/multi-unit apartment and condominium projects.
Patrick also represents institutional and private lenders in connection with their commercial mortgage loan origination activities and other types of financings, including construction, mezzanine and permanent loans.
- Negotiated the acquisition, financing, management agreement and franchise agreement for a Marriott Residence Inn Hotel in North Charleston, South Carolina with 96 rooms.
- Negotiated the purchase and CMBS loan assumption of The Shops at Greenwood Village, a 209,953 sq. ft. shopping center located in Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- Negotiated the purchase, financing and redevelopment of Midtown Row, a 249,895 sq. ft. neighborhood shopping center located in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Negotiated the ground lease purchase and financing of Cromwell Fields, a 233,885 sq. ft. shopping center located in Glen Burnie, Maryland.
- Represents a real estate fund in the acquisition of multiple hotels across multiple jurisdictions.
- Represented a private real estate investment company in the acquisition and financing of a 10-property portfolio valued at $47.5 million.
- Represented owner/developer in connection with acquisition and financing of a hotel portfolio valued at over $10 million.
- Represented a national lender in a $50 million hotel portfolio financing for properties in Atlanta, Georgia area.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Urban Land Institute, Young Leaders Group, Programs Subcommittee
- DC Real Estate Group
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Member
- Prince George’s County Bar Association, Member