Ms. Fiorentino is a shareholder in the Firm's Litigation and Trusts & Estates Departments, a member of the Board of Directors, and Chair of the Firm's Family Law and Fiduciary Litigation Practice Group. From a background in complex commercial litigation, Ms. Fiorentino's practice has evolved to focus on legal matters related to family law, trust and estates litigation and guardianships for disabled adults and for minors. In the family law area, Ms. Fiorentino's work includes representing clients in divorce, separation, custody and support, domestic violence, pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, and other related issues.
Ms. Fiorentino has also appeared in numerous court proceedings throughout the State of Maryland and in the District of Columbia in actions related to trusts and estates disputes, and guardianships for adults and minors. She has assisted individuals, families, health care institutions and professionals in legal matters related to mental health, developmental disabilities, patient confidentiality, and commitment issues. She has also assisted clients with matters arising out of investigations by child and adult protective service authorities.
Ms. Fiorentino is a frequent lecturer on guardianship law and has established herself as a leader in this area. She has participated as an instructor in a training session for new judges at the Judicial Institute in Annapolis, Maryland where she spoke on procedures and policies related to guardianship law in the State of Maryland. She was selected to participate on a committee of the Circuit Court for Montgomery County to streamline the procedures and standards for appointments of guardianships for minors and disabled adults. She has represented both individuals and charitable beneficiaries in contests involving the administration of both wills and trust instruments. Ms. Fiorentino represents the interest of numerous non-profit businesses in legal and contested matters.
Ms. Fiorentino is a 1983 graduate of the University of Virginia and obtained her law degree in 1989 at The George Washington University. She is a member of the Maryland, District of Columbia, Pennsylvania and Florida bars. For the past twelve years, Ms. Fiorentino has chaired the Firm's pro bono guardianship program through which she acts as the guardian of the property for numerous low income individuals in Montgomery County. She received recognition as a 2000 Bar Leader of the Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Foundation for outstanding service to the profession and the community, and is an active member of the Women's Bar Association and the Bar Association of Montgomery County. Ms. Fiorentino was also honored in 2007 as a featured Leader of the Women's Bar Association.
Ms. Fiorentino was a member of the Board of Directors of the Mental Health Association of Montgomery County, Maryland from 2003 to 2008 and for the last three years of her tenure, served as President of the Board. She is also an active member of the John Carroll Society of Washington, DC and was recently elected to its Board of Governors. She was from 2006-2009 a member of the Parish Council of Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church in Potomac, Maryland and is very active in many social justice issues in the community.
Montgomery County Bar Leader, Recognition for Outstanding Service to the Profession and Community, Maryland Bar Foundation, 2000
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Heart of Mercy Gala
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Has Sixteen Attorneys Named to the 2013 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Sixteen Shulman Rogers Attorneys Named to the 2012 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers will have strong presence at MD Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame dinner
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Appointed to Judicial Selection Committee of Women's Bar Association
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Frequent Lecturer, Guardianship Law
- Training Session for New Judges, Procedures and Policies Related to Guardianship Law in the State of Maryland, Judicial Institute, Annapolis, Maryland
Professional & Community Affiliations
- John Carroll Society, Member, Board of Governors
- Chair, Firm's Pro Bono Guardianship Program
- Mental Health Association of Montgomery County, Immediate Past President, Board of Directors
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Member
- Women's Bar Association, Member
- Parish Council, Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church, Past Parish Council, Member (2005-2008)