Mort Faller is a nationally recognized bankruptcy practitioner, real estate litigator and mediator. Mr. Faller is co-chair of the Firm's Title Dispute Resolution Group. His practice consists of business bankruptcy reorganizations and litigation, business transactions and commercial litigation, real estate transactions and title dispute litigation, and estate planning and administration. He has extensive experience before the Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Maryland and the District of Columbia. He was a founding director of the Bankruptcy Bar Association of the District of Maryland and is a past President of that Association. He has represented Debtors in numerous successful reorganizations, including real estate developers and entities, multi-store retailers, restaurants and individuals. He has represented lenders, landlords and committees in complex reorganization cases.
Mr. Faller has extensive experience in litigating and/or resolving real estate title disputes and claims on behalf of national title insurers and their insureds.
Mr. Faller has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2007 - 2014 editions of The Best Lawyers in America, District of Columbia Superlawyers, and Maryland Superlawyers. Mr. Faller was also selected as a Top Bankruptcy Lawyer in Washingtonian Magazine in 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2013.
Mr. Faller serves as a mediator in complex commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters. He is an approved mediator on the panels of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland and in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. In 2006, he became a member of The McCammon Group, comprised of retired judges and prominent attorneys who handle a broad range of mediation cases.
Prior to joining Shulman Rogers in 1998, Mr. Faller was managing partner of the Washington, D.C. firm of Meyer, Faller, Weisman and Rosenberg, P.C., with whom he was associated from 1973 through 1998. He is a frequent lecturer to attorneys in continuing legal education courses in the areas of bankruptcy and real estate title issues.
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- New Ch. 11 Fee Standards May Be Big Burden For Little Return
- Twenty-three Shulman Rogers Attorneys Recognized in The American Lawyer's "Top Rated Lawyers" Series
- 5th Circ. Upholds Precedent On Bankruptcy Fee Awards
- Creative tactics help restructure Sir Walter Raleigh restaurant chain
- Mort Faller and Steve Metz Obtain Confirmation of Secured Creditor's Plan in Contested Confirmation Hearing Regarding Competing Chapter 11 Plans
- Dispute Resolution of Bankruptcy Cases, Maryland Law Journal, Sept/Oct, 2005
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the District of Maryland, Founding Director, Past President
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Member
- The McCammon Group, Member
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum, Volunteer
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer