Robert W. Barlett is an associate in the Firm's Business and Financial Services Department. Robert represents and advises corporate, private equity, and venture capital clients in connection with a variety of transactional and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, exchanges, and joint ventures, as well as securities offerings, debt financings and other strategic transactions. Robert also counsels clients on a variety of general corporate, formation, securities compliance, financing, corporate governance and other business-related matters.
Robert has advised entities ranging from large public corporations to closely held start-ups and possesses experience in all phases of the transaction process, including structuring, negotiation, implementation and ongoing post-transaction advice. Robert has previously worked with clients in the manufacturing, energy, gaming, financial services, information technology, telecommunications, aerospace, internet, automobile, health care, biotechnology, and real estate industries.
Some of Robert’s notable experience includes the following:
- Drafting and negotiating acquisition related agreements, including asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, merger agreements and various other transactional documents.
- Involvement from start to close with all aspects of stock, asset and merger transactions involving companies ranging from $50,000 to $500,000,000.
- Counseling clients regarding compliance with the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including, drafting and rule review of proxy statements, and drafting of forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, S-1 and S-4.
- Counseling clients with respect to offerings under rule Regulation D, Section 4 and Rule 144 of the Securities Act of 1933, as well as under state securities laws.
- Representing financial institutions and corporate clients in connection with structuring, negotiating, and documenting senior debt, mezzanine debt, and commercial loan transactions, including drafting credit agreements, notes, amendments, subordination/intercreditor agreements, guaranties, waivers and forbearances.
- Counseling clients regarding compliance with OTC, stock exchange, FINRA, and CFTC rules.
- Drafting various licensing, supply, financing, employment and sales agreements.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Robert worked for FINRA, and was also an investment banking analyst for J.P. Morgan, where he gained experience working with leveraged funds, credit derivatives and Asian equity offerings.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Associate, Member