Clients hire Jeffrey Rubin because of his knowledge of the law, broad range of experience and his success in negotiating agreements that result in his clients achieving their personal and business goals.
Clients appreciate Jeffrey’s ability to listen and fully understand his client’s legal needs, and his ability to effectively negotiate and complete agreements that fulfill those needs.
During the course of Jeffrey’s thirty years plus career, he has developed and fine tuned these skills and has applied them to the areas of commercial transactions, notably mergers and acquisitions, to work-outs and sophisticated chapter 11 bankruptcy litigation, to commercial real estate and financing transactions, to estate planning and trust law, and most recently to telecommunications law. A representative sampling of the broad scope of Jeffrey’s work includes:
- Represent public safety licensees (municipalities, counties, states) in connection with the implementation of the Federal Communications Commission mandated nationwide reconfiguration of the 800 MHz frequency spectrum to relocate and separate public safety radio systems (police, fire and first responders) from commercial cellular wireless networks.
- Negotiate Frequency Reconfiguration Agreements with Sprint Corporation and reconfiguration implementation agreements with Motorola Solutions, Inc., Harris Corporation, E.F. Johnson Company and other national and regional service and equipment vendors on behalf of public safety licensees in connection with the reconfiguration of their 800 MHz radio systems.
- Responsible for the negotiation and consummation of numerous sophisticated and complex commercial transactions for the purchase and sale of businesses, multi-party agreements, real estate contracts and commercial lending transactions.
- Responsible for negotiating and consummating the purchase and sale of numerous fast food restaurant establishments for a popular local franchise.
- Advise clients on business planning, including start-up of new businesses, choice of entity and shareholder and related co-ownership agreements.
- Senior attorney in the stock acquisition by a public company of a major local private wholesale distributor of controlled portioned frozen meats and related products.
- Senior attorney in a time sensitive and complex acquisition of a fast food restaurant chain in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Lead attorney in the complex Chapter 11 reorganization of a Maryland nursing home administered in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania culminating in the sale of the business, payment in full of all secured and unsecured creditors, with interest, and significant proceeds to the owners of the business.
- Successfully represented the reorganization of several retail and restaurant establishments under Chapter 11 of the United Stated Bankruptcy Code.
Real Estate Law
- Responsible for negotiating subordination and related finance agreements with institutional and private lenders on behalf of a national home builder to protect the client’s collateralized security in the event of a default by third party developers.
Estate Planning and Trust Law
- Advise individual clients in estate planning, will and trust preparation and related documents.
- Lead attorney in successfully prosecuting an embezzlement claim against the conservator of an estate resulting in judgment against the surety and full replenishment of all misappropriated funds.