David A. Pordy is a Shareholder in the Firm’s Real Estate Department. His legal practice focuses on transactional real estate matters. Commercial transactions include the purchase, sale, management, franchising and financing of hotel properties, as well as office building and shopping center transactions. Representative transactions include acquisition and financing of 1350 I Street, N.W. in Washington, D.C. and the purchase and sale of the Lord Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore, MD. On the residential side, Mr. Pordy handles transactions ranging from the refinance of individual homes to the acquisition and development of complete planned unit developments. Such projects include the acquisition and development of Seven Oaks, a planned community of over five thousand residential units and a town center in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
Mr. Pordy served as the Firm's Managing Shareholder from 1987 through 2013. His expertise in management is reflected in his being selected to Chair the Bar Association of Montgomery County's Section of Law Firm Economics for nineteen years through 2008. In 2009, he agreed to serve, at the request of the Association's President, as Chair of the new Association and Foundation Strategic Planning Committee. In his service to the Bar, he has been named Chair of the Year more than fifteen times, and received the President's Outstanding Service Award on multiple occasions, most recently in 2013 in recognition of his efforts on behalf of the Strategic Planning Committee. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Montgomery County Bar Foundation, and was named 2012 Honorary Life Bar Leader.
Mr. Pordy has received the highest rating that can be given to a lawyer in the State of Maryland by the independent rating service of AVVO in addition to being AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A. Recognizes David A. Pordy for His Years of Service
- Shulman Rogers Has Sixteen Attorneys Named to the 2013 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Twenty-three Shulman Rogers Attorneys Recognized in The American Lawyer's "Top Rated Lawyers" Series
- Shulman Rogers Has Eight Attorneys Named to the 2012 Super Lawyers Business Edition Listing for Washington, D.C.
- Sixteen Shulman Rogers Attorneys Named to the 2012 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers Listing
- David Pordy receives Montgomery County Bar Foundation’s 2012 Honorary Life Bar Leader award
- Shulman Rogers will have strong presence at MD Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame dinner
- 22nd annual Leadership Montgomery Celebration
- David Pordy quoted in the Gazette
- David A. Pordy Elected to Board of Directors of the Montgomery County Bar Foundation
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Montgomery County Bar Foundation
- The Economic Club of Washington, D.C.
- Member, Temple Beth Ami
- Member, Lakewood Country Club