David Pordy's name is synonymous with law firm management. From 1987 through 2013, he was elected to serve as the Managing Shareholder of Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A., Montgomery County, Maryland's largest law firm. His management acumen was further heralded in his being selected to Chair the Bar Association of Montgomery County's Section of Law Firm Economics for nineteen years, until he stepped down in 2008.
It's no wonder that, when other firms/attorneys need advice regarding mergers, compensation, lawyer discipline and separation agreements, they seek David's wisdom and guidance. He uses the vast experience derived from leading Shulman Rogers for more than a quarter century to counsel leaders at other firms facing these and other difficult situations.
David began his legal career focusing on transactional real estate matters. Commercial transactions include the purchase, sale, management, franchising and financing of hotel properties, as well as office building and shopping center transactions. Historic representative transactions include the acquisition and financing of 1350 I Street, N.W. in Washington, D.C. and the purchase and sale of the Lord Baltimore Hotel in Baltimore, MD.
On the residential side, David handles transactions ranging from the refinance of individual homes to the acquisition and development of complete planned unit developments. Such projects include the acquisition and development of Seven Oaks, a planned community of over five thousand residential units and a town center in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
In 2009, David agreed to serve, at the request of the Montgomery County Bar Association's President, as Chair of the new Association and Foundation Strategic Planning Committee. Resultant of his service to the Bar, he has been named Chairperson of the Year more than fifteen times, and received the President's Outstanding Service Award on multiple occasions, most recently in 2013 in recognition of his efforts on behalf of the Strategic Planning Committee. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Montgomery County Bar Foundation, and was named the 2012 Honorary Life Bar Leader.
David has received the highest rating that can be given to a lawyer in the State of Maryland by the independent rating service of AVVO, in addition to being AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.A. Recognizes David A. Pordy for His Years of Service
- Shulman Rogers Has Sixteen Attorneys Named to the 2013 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Twenty-three Shulman Rogers Attorneys Recognized in The American Lawyer's "Top Rated Lawyers" Series
- Shulman Rogers Has Eight Attorneys Named to the 2012 Super Lawyers Business Edition Listing for Washington, D.C.
- David Pordy receives Montgomery County Bar Foundation’s 2012 Honorary Life Bar Leader award
- Shulman Rogers will have strong presence at MD Chamber of Commerce Hall of Fame dinner
- 22nd annual Leadership Montgomery Celebration
- David Pordy quoted in the Gazette
- David A. Pordy Elected to Board of Directors of the Montgomery County Bar Foundation
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Montgomery County Bar Foundation
- Executive Committee Member, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Maryland Representative, GW Law School Alumni Association
- Member, Lakewood Country Club