Mr. Moore is a member of both the Litigation and Real Estate Departments at Shulman Rogers and maintains a sophisticated real estate and commercial litigation practice. He is the Chair of Shulman Roger’s Landlord-Tenant Practice Group and former Chair of the Montgomery County Landlord-Tenant Commission. He is licensed in all three metro-area jurisdictions (Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia) where he has litigated numerous cases at the state, federal and administrative levels.
Mr. Moore has successfully litigated complex contract disputes involving ADA architectural issues, housing discrimination, property contamination and defects, mortgage fraud, broker misconduct and premises liability. Over the last several years Mr. Moore has successfully defended several ADA, premises liability, contamination and defect claims. Mr. Moore has also obtained and collected several million dollar verdicts for his clients.
Mr. Moore's broad array of clients include national and regional commercial and multi-family residential property owners, management companies, lenders and brokerage firms. Because of Mr. Moore's broad litigation experience, legal knowledge and his work with local and state governments, a large part of his practice is devoted to assisting clients in complying with complex state, local and federal laws to avoid potential civil and regulatory claims. His substantial experience with pre-trial tactics, emergency remedial proceedings and alternative dispute resolution has allowed him to quickly and efficiently resolve costly litigation matters.
- Landlord and Tenant Law in the District of Columbia
May 16, 2014
- Landlord and Tenant Law in Maryland
April 10, 2014
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- 2012 Advanced Real Property Institute
Maryland State Bar Association.
"Drafting Leases That Work for Landlords When Tenants Don't Work Out."
- Virginia Landlord Tenant Law - Sterling Education Services
April 26, 2012, September 12, 2012, June 26, 2013
- Landlord and Tenant Law in Maryland, Lorman Education Services - 2007, 2008, 2009
- Premises Liability Suits - How to Prevent Them and How to Win Them - Montgomery County Bar Association - May 2008
- Minimizing Liability in the Real Estate Broker-Client Relationship - NBI, Virginia 2008
Professional & Community Affiliations
- 2014 Maryland Best Buddies Walk Chair
- Chair - Montgomery County Landlord Tenant Commission, 2006 - 2011
- Vice President and Site Coordinator, Encounter The Gospel of Life
- Former President, Holy Name Society, Holy Rosary Church