Victims of medical malpractice and those who have been personally injured hire Martin Levine for many reasons. However, most hire him for his sincerity, his winning record on behalf of plaintiffs and his experience representing defendants in such cases.
Mr. Levine has been winning medical malpractice and personal injury cases for nearly 35 years. During the course of his career, he has tried in excess of 85 cases at the State and Federal levels. In that time he has collected a total of more than $70 million for his clients. In the last three years, Mr. Levine has concluded settlements of $9.5 million on behalf of an injured minor, $7.25 million settlement on behalf of the family of a deceased minor and a $3.3 million settlement on behalf of an injured adolescent.
Mr. Levine specializes in cases involving obstetrical care, misdiagnosis of disease, surgical complications, and catastrophic injuries as a consequence of negligent acts. He maintains a national/international practice, having tried or resolved matters in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Nevada, California, Texas, North Carolina, England and Switzerland.
He is one of most recognized and well respected practitioners of civil litigation in the greater Washington, D.C. area. Widely known for his success in representing victims, his clients also benefit from his past experience defending physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice claims. Having worked as a defense lawyer for years, he knows how these cases are fought and won. This means he knows the common defense strategies, and how to overcome them.
Mr. Levine is the long time Chair and principal architect of the firm’s Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Practice Group. In addition to building one of the most respected practices in the field, he has also done much to build the firm into what it is today. In the course of his tenure at Shulman Rogers, Mr. Levine has served as a member of the firm’s Board of Directors, Chair of the firm’s Integration and Mentoring Committee, the Hiring Shareholder, the Evaluation Shareholder and was the first chair of the firm's Marketing Committee.
He has been a certified Mediator and Arbitrator for the Superior Court of the District of Columbia Court system since 1988 and is also a teacher of mediators. He is a member of the American Bar Association's Birth Trauma Litigation Group and the Erb's Palsy Foundation.
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Attorneys Honored by Inclusion on 2014 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Shulman Rogers Has Sixteen Attorneys Named to the 2013 Maryland Super Lawyers Listing
- Sixteen Shulman Rogers Attorneys Named to the 2012 Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers Listing
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member, Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- Erb's Palsy Foundation, Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of the District of Columbia, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, MD, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association